Recommended CStat Internet Provider?

3,172 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nwspmp
SanAntoneAg88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for your recommendations for an internet provider (no cable, just internet) for daughter's house in the neighborhood just south of Kyle Field (on Timber). Must be able adequately handle 4-6 girls for streaming and course work. Thanks!
dubi
AG
SanAntoneAg88 said:

Looking for your recommendations for an internet provider (no cable, just internet) for daughter's house in the neighborhood just south of Kyle Field (on Timber). Must be able adequately handle 4-6 girls for streaming and course work. Thanks!
Suddenlink is your only option. Make sure to get a plan without a data cap.
SanAntoneAg88
AG
Thanks Dubi. No data cap for sure...
skeetboy3
AG
I am hoping someone will say something besides suddenlink--i doubt it, but hope.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
That's it, unless you want satellite or 4g.
91_Aggie
AG
Frontier might be available, but it won't handle that many people at once.
And your service will suck.

Suddenlink is your answer.

You'll end up with about a $100/month bill for the level of service with no data caps.
jac4
AG
I'd recommend not using the term C-Stat.
treyyates
AG
On the internet topic.
Does anyone know the provider and what kind of speeds homes in Traditions get? I know parts of BCS have gig speeds. Does Traditions have those?
75AG
AG
jac4 said:

Agree! The kids like "The Station".
classicdoug
AG
jac4 said:

This times 1000.
histag10
AG
treyyates said:

On the internet topic.
Does anyone know the provider and what kind of speeds homes in Traditions get? I know parts of BCS have gig speeds. Does Traditions have those?

Thought that was suddenlink too...
nwspmp
Pretty much everywhere in B/CS area is Suddenlink only for higher speeds. I don't think there are any areas that aren't gigabit capable, but take that with a grain of salt.

Wireless is available typically, but in-town it's usually not the same need or value as out of city limits.

Wirestar *may* be an option, but the service areas last time I looked were quite limited. I hope that has changed, but haven't looked into it myself.

Personally, right now I have the 400Mbit/40Mbit plan with Suddenlink, no data cap, and after tax it's just over $76 with no promo pricing.
AggieBarstool
nwspmp said:

Personally, right now I have the 400Mbit/40Mbit plan with Suddenlink, no data cap, and after tax it's just over $76 with no promo pricing.
I guarantee you that's promo pricing.

Source: Had that pricing; now pay $95/mo. for same speeds.
nwspmp
100% not promo pricing. Had the promo pricing a few years ago and it was right at $65 then ($59.95/month plus taxes) $69.95/month plus sales tax and network recovery fee. No video services to track on additional fees or surcharges. Own my own equipment.

If you're paying more, definitely give them a call. Unless they've started doing 3+ year promos...
nwspmp
nwspmp said:

100% not promo pricing. Had the promo pricing a few years ago and it was right at $65 then ($59.95/month plus taxes) $69.95/month plus sales tax and network recovery fee. No video services to track on additional fees or surcharges. Own my own equipment.

If you're paying more, definitely give them a call. Unless they've started doing 3+ year promos...
Got me wondering, had to just verify...

I called Suddenlink and asked if I could get the $39.99/month (+taxes) *For Life* price they were offering on the 400Mbit/No data cap plan (Gigabit at $69.99/month also supposedly for life) and I could not. I verified that my account had no promotions or anything and did confirm this.

I could get the promo pricing shown, but I'd have to disconnect for at least 30 days..

Spoke with Retention team and did get the Gigabit service upgrade at $79.99/month for one year, after which it goes to $99.99/month without promo pricing. Should be ~$87/month after take a few pennies.

So, there's that. I wasn't on promo at the time, but am now.

Screencap from my bill for reference. I was incorrect; I was at $73/month, not $69.99/month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.