Great Restaurants For Children?

4,670 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KidDoc
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be heading to College Station for the TAAF Track Meet this weekend (sorry for adding to the traffic lol) with a group of kids aging from 12-17, and was wondering if anyone can offer some great reasonably prices restaurant recommendations? Thank you in advance, i'm currently a student but I'm only familiar with the on campus restaurants and places I can get to on my bike. Again thanks!
happyinBCS
Chick fil A
crbongos
AG
Wings N More is family friendly.
CRBongo
trouble
AG
Blake's Steaks
techno-ag
AG
Love IHOP. Also Cracker Barrel at the Briarcrest exit.
Bucketrunner
Check their online menu for pricing, but ours love Razzoo's (sp).

Also, some of those in Century Square with a stop at the candy store or Tiff's Treats for dessert.
Oogway
If the meet is held at College Station High School (that would be the campus at the corner of Barron & Victoria), there are several places near the Tower Point shopping center (southeast of the school down William D Fitch). Taco Casa, Chick-fil-A, Freddy's Frozen Custard/Burgers, Zaxby's (chicken fingers), Mooyah burgers (over by the Chick-fil-A in the gas station).

A little further north up highway 6 is Jersey Mike's (sub shop), the Wings & More that was mentioned (off Deacon), or over to Wellborn Road heading north there are Mod Pizza (by the HEB along 2818), Layne's, Whataburger, and Chicken Express. Potato Shack on Wellborn Road is pretty tasty too.

Good luck and stay hydrated!

halibut sinclair
Hooter's of course.
studioone
techno-ag said:

Techno - CB is for OLD people...
techno-ag
AG
studioone said:

techno-ag said:

Techno - CB is for OLD people...
Kids love the toys in the store, though. And the mac and cheese.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Check their online menu for pricing, but ours love Razzoo's (sp).

Also, some of those in Century Square with a stop at the candy store or Tiff's Treats for dessert.

Is there anywhere reasonably priced (stipulation in OP)? I feel like a spend $100 every time I get out of the car at Century Square.
TXCityGirl
Blaze Pizza and Mod Pizza are both chains that are reasonable, fast, and suitable for kids. It's all one price and you can add as many toppings as you like.
JMac03
AG
Lupe Tortilla has an outdoor play area. We always ask to sit in the back by the door so the kids can come in and out. And they have either $.99 or $1.99 mac and cheese on their kids meal and it includes a drink.

Mad Taco Tower Point USED to have 3 large games on their patio (connect 4, jenga and dice), but apparently they have removed that. They told us something about the connect 4 only M-W now. It is a shame, as on Saturday, no less than 3-4 families besides mine were not pleased it wasn't out there.

Willie's has a sand pit outside for the kids to play in.

Hopdoddy in Century Square (as well as Blaze Pizza, Porter's, a crepe place) all surround a turf grass area that you can sit outside and eat and kids can play. Sometimes they have games out there for kids, but if not, it is still a nice area the kids can run around in. Kids meals are $6 at Hopdoddy (heck I often order from it - plenty of food for me).

I didn't read the kids ages in the original post, so some of my play areas probably aren't idea. But Hopdoddy has cheap kids meals and they have a $5 adult burger during happy hour. It varies, 2 weeks ago it was a chicken burger.
jrhmc
AG
As someone who travels often with a group of kids (Girl Scouts who love to travel), Cracker Barrel is great. If you want something more specifically local, Wings and More also can accommodate a larger group of kids. Zaxby's, Blue Baker, and all the fast food places around Towerpoint would be close to the high school and so is the Wings and More on Texas and Deacon. Double Daves on Rock Prairie is great, too. Just because I always have to think about it, make sure to ask if any of the kids have allergies and tell the wait staff if they do. Just about any place can usually accommodate your common food allergies but it's always best to know in advance.
Wicked Good Ag
I read OP and while some of these suggestions are pretty good. The youngest kid is probably 6th/7th grade. Anything works but maybe they don't want to go fine dining

Koppe Bridge works as well. Don't shy away from Downtown Bryan especially at night after the meet is over for the day. Top of the Hill would work really well for kids in that age group although a bit farther from CSHS
techno-ag
AG
Golden Corral is also a good option for a large group of kids. Everybody can get their own plate.
halibut sinclair
Only if you want all the kids barfing in your minivan.
jja79
AG
Dixie Chicken. My 16 year old has loved eating there forever. Game of pool and a good burger. I'm being serious here.
UmustBKidding
We tended to travel in bigger groups but liked to find a single location with multiple options, preferably one with something for the adults. Made stops quicker where the bus did not overwhelm a single restaurant.
Using this model things like goco works well with Rosa's, blue Baker all the way down to PeiWei & Mcallasters in walking distance without having to cross any major roadways. Tower Point/caprock has options but not without crossing fitch for many. Not fancy but Welborn & rock prairie will get you Little Caesars, Sonic, Subway, potato shack , & chicken E with a time killing spot at Dollar General.
Of course there are always high quality options like CiCi's
scs01
Our family has enjoyed TXBurger in Wellborn (Wellborn Road, a little out of the way but not bad if you're already on the south end of town). The burgers are not absolutely outstanding, but they're good and the food has been fresh and well-prepared when we've been there. The kids meals are a decent value and come with a scoop of Blue Bell, which was a big bonus for our kids.
drivinwest
AG
Harvey Washbangers
Psychag
AG
Smitty Ks with big outdoor area. Cold beer inside. Win win.
SchnauzerMom
+1 for Smitty K's
histag10
AG
techno-ag said:

Golden Corral is also a good option for a large group of kids. Everybody can get their own plate.

and since they basically tore it down and completely rebuilt it, it's mostly clean and appears to be rodent free. (it was really bad when I was in college)

I'll add the suggestion of Ye Star Chinese Buffet. Good food, decent price, and a ton of options (not just Chinese) on their buffet (they even have a Sushi bar)
techno-ag
AG
histag10 said:

techno-ag said:

and since they basically tore it down and completely rebuilt it, it's mostly clean and appears to be rodent free. (it was really bad when I was in college)

I'll add the suggestion of Ye Star Chinese Buffet. Good food, decent price, and a ton of options (not just Chinese) on their buffet (they even have a Sushi bar)
Yup. Food snobs disdain them but buffets are great for large groups of kids.
Broncos
Psychag said:

Smitty Ks with big outdoor area. Cold beer inside. Win win.
Great burgers, appetizers, pulled pork, chicken, etc...
stinkerbelle
Another good option for groups of kids and moderately priced is Cici's pizza. Kids love that place and there is a game room.
Geop84
AG
Another vote for Willie G's as a good place for a group with kids.
KidDoc
AG
I'll add in Fuddrucker's in College Station- large with game room, solid burgers, shakes.

As far as more local stuff can try Rx or Howdy's pizza on the south side. Mad taco is good and not too pricey if their palate is a bit more adventurous.

Good luck with the competition!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.