FIRST LEGO League Jr. - B/CS Teams?

1,823 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double b
double b
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son is interested in joining a team this coming year, but unfortunately,

his school does not offer one to participate with. He's an entering 4th grader and possesses good math and problem-solving skills. Also, has introductory proficiency with Scratch computer coding.

Does anyone have a team and searching for more teammates, or knows where we can find other independent teams?

Thank you for your help and our schedule is flexible for meetings.
jrhmc
AG
As an entering 4th grader, he's old enough to be on a FLL team instead of an FLL Jr. team. I've tossed around the idea of coaching again but I don't have a space to keep the robot game table anymore. If anyone has the space and a few coachable kids, I'd be willing to work with a team. The minimum number of kids is 2 and the max is 10. For FLL, the age range is 9-14 or 4th-8th grade although I've seen 3rd graders on teams and 9th graders on teams if they meet the age requirements. I coached my kids and their friends for 4 years but they aged out before there were any other teams in B/CS. I've judged the tournaments but coaching is more fun.
double b
AG
Awesome, let me see what I can put together in regards to a team of students!
fcag
AG
I know someone that was looking for one or two kids to fill out a Jr team. I sent them a link to this thread.

The Howdy FLL Qualifier and Jr Expo will be in January again this year.
double b
AG
Thank you, Id like to explore that option too.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I have a son who wants to join a Jr. Team. He's never been able to do it because he couldn't find team members but totally is capable.
double b
AG
fcag, any luck with those leads or a contact that I can reach out to?

Thank you.
double b
AG
Putting this out there if anyone knows about possible FLL teams to connect with for this year. My son and a couple of other students (parents) are searching for a team.

We're all very green to this, but have some eager boys who want to join. We figured that we'll try this route first before trying to create our own team, if possible.

Also, if you have a child over the age of nine and is interested, please contact me. Our first choice is to join a team, but open to starting one if we receive more interest.

Wicked Good Ag
We might be interested with our nine year old. Talk to you soon about it Double
Lovebird
Our 11 year old would be interested. He was in a LEGO league at Jane Long last year but not sure they are doing it this year.
double b
AG
Yes, we would love to have you a part of our team. Please email me at robb dot jenson at gmail dot com so we can exchange contact info. Thank you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.