Trimming Palm Trees

1,346 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 91_Aggie
JimInBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any suggestions on who in BCS can trim 7 to 8 palm trees, ranging from 10' to 25' high? Need dead fronds cut as well as the flowery sprouts that shed everywhere.
Rockdoc
AG
Cut them down. Haul them off. That's what I did finally after 10 years. Just too big a mess.
JimInBCS
Thanks for the reply...not what I wanted to hear, but you're not wrong. The trees were manageable for the first 5-7 years, but once they got too tall for me to trim even with a ladder they became a major PITA.
Rockdoc
AG
Don't get me wrong, I love them when they're all nice and trimmed but it got to be too much when I couldn't trim them myself. The final straw was when I looked out one evening and saw rats jumping around in the dead fronds. They are a haven for rats. That's when they came down.
Agmaker
I second - just cut them down. I really like the look and had them until about twenty feet tall. I can also attest to the rats and, believe it or not, snakes can navigate their way up. Might account for the rats. The labor and the cost to keep them far out weighs the beauty. Do it sooner than later, the bigger they get the more cost to cut them down.
Smokin Chisel
AG
I did the same thing, after they got to big to manage they came down.

Standing on a 17ft extension ladder with a pole saw and the spiked palm falling on you is not fun....
91_Aggie
AG
go rent a scissor lift from a local place that does that.
redtail has some for $102 a day. take you right up to where you need to be very safely
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.