College Station with kids

3,200 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by techno-ag
bb2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids qualified for the taaf games of Texas next weekend and we are planning to come in on Friday. Any suggestions for activities/restaurants that would be good for a 6 and 8 year old? They earned the trip, so as much as would love to re-live my Glory days, I want it to make sure we do stuff that is kidcentric but don't really know where to start. Never really had to consider kids in CS before...
bushytailed
AG
(full disclosure: I don't have kids)

Bush Library?
Aggieland Safari?

Also, if you raised them right they'll appreciate the MSC and Kyle Field.
bb2003
AG
They have been to a FB game but just a quick in and out from SA so they have seen Kyle and MSC to some extent. As much as I would love to drag them through campus, I'm looking for fun for them primarily...
AggieAces06
AG
You could look into the City Pools. I think anyone can get in if you pay the daily fee.

There are a couple trampoline parks.

Lick creek park for hiking/exploring... but it's a little hot right now

Bowling alley has mini golf, laser tag and an arcade.

Movies... there is a new dine in/draft house type theater near north gate.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Altitude Trampoline Park
Star Cinema
Sweet Paris
Bahama Bucks
Spoons Yogurt
Casa de Brazil
Atami , at the Hibachi grill

just thinking of cool places the kids would like

techno-ag
AG
Take the elevator up Rudder Tower, click all the buttons, and jump between every floor.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Aggieland Safari
Grand station
bb2003
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions!
91_Aggie
AG
Don't know if you have ever been here during the Games of Texas, but this town is going to be packed with kids that weekend. Plan accordingly.
JMac03
AG
Restaurants that have kid stuff:

Lupe Tortilla - geared towards younger kids, but my 9 year old still plays on it outside while waiting to eat. Plus their mac and cheese kids meal is like $.99 or $1.99

Willies - Has outdoor sand pit

Hopdoddy (and several other restaurants at Century Square) - there is an outdoor turf area - sometimes its just the turf, sometimes they have some games out there. I haven't found the rhyme or reason. But kids can always go out on the turf and run around.

jrhmc
AG
Definitely Century Square for the candy store and the play area while you can still get decent food. Adamson Lagoon in College Station is great for that age and so is Grand Station. Mine loved the Bush Library and the Millie the dog scavenger hunt.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
It was kinda fun to talk everyone in the library elevator to do it, too
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.