Recommended Eye Doctor

3,781 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Good Aggieboy19
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations as to a good eye doctor here in town (as always, any help appreciated).
halibut sinclair
Marr
UmustBKidding
Marr ++++
TRE ----
JMac03
AG
I really like Dr. Shini at Eye Trends. If I ever move, it will be to Dr. Greene at Urban Optics.
TransplantedRedRaider
I was really pleased with Dr. Simpson and her staff at Eyes of Texas in Bryan.
ringrit
We LOVE Dr. Bruton at TSO in Bryan at the Physician's Center.
Rex Racer
AG
That depends on what kind of eye doctor you are looking for. Do you need an Optometrist or an Ophthalmologist?
histag10
AG
I liked Urban Optics, until the end of the appointment and they tried to bill me for things I told them I didnt want/need. That was fun trying to get sorted out...

If you have insurance, be VERY clear with them about what you do and do not want, and ask for the costs up front. I was told my insurance covered everything they were doing with nothing additional, then as I was getting ready to leave they asked for a $150 payment for an additional procedure they decided to do that isnt covered.
dubi
AG
ringrit said:

+1
AggieBarstool
ringrit said:

Another +1
ag009
AG
ringrit said:

And another +1
Post removed:
by user
LocalAg12
AG
Dr. Belinda Dobson at the Eye Care Center. She was the only doctor who found me contacts that fit comfortably. She also recommended Lasik to me a couple years ago. One of the best decisions I've made.
Rapier108
Another vote for Dr. Dobson. She figured out a problem I had with my eyes after 5 other doctors did not.

Thanks to her, the problem hasn't occurred since.
KidDoc
AG
I like Precision eye on Rock Prairie.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mamagutz
Dr Tracey Scasta is wonderful! She sees our whole family including kids and she takes A&M insurance.
dubi
AG
KidDoc said:

I like Precision eye on Rock Prairie.
My husband purchased glasses there and the frames fell apart 3 times in the first 6 months. They did not stand behind the products they sold.
biobioprof
mamagutz said:

Dr Tracey Scasta is wonderful! She sees our whole family including kids and she takes A&M insurance.
And you can see her husband who is a dentist in the same building.
quirkyaggie
AG
I have sooooooo many great things to say about Dr. Shini.

I've seen him so many times this year that I met my deductible in May, so I've seen him A LOT. He is personable, professional and really goes above and beyond. I've had to come in for 2 emergency weekend appointments and didn't even wait for a half-hour before he was there.
joho
We also highly recommend Dr. Shini (Eye Trends), for adults and kids alike.

But it looks like this town has great choices! But I can never remember a bad experience at any eye doctor wherever I've lived, so it's hard for me to imagine that there are crappy ones?
KidDoc
AG
I left Crystal vision because I was sitting in the exam room 90 minutes after my appointment for a routine check. I'm a doc and I know things happen but 90 minutes is ridiculous and not acceptable IMO.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txgardengirl
Dr. Mindi Kavanaugh at Greene Eyes in the Tejas Center is our go to!
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
txgardengirl said:

Dr. Mindi Kavanaugh at Greene Eyes in the Tejas Center is our go to!
+1 she's awesome
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.