Fox 44 & Direct TV

2,989 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 75AG
Chris98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what's up between Fox and Direct. Just realized that I won't be able to watch the AllStar game tonight
Monywolf
Same here!
halibut sinclair
Stick up an antenna.
befitter
Us too.
Harbor Bay
DirecTV has dropped a lot of Fox channels all over the country. Contract negotiations.
mwm
Interesting. The game is blocked in BCS but my kid in Kingsville is getting the game. We both have DirecTV.
EMY92
AG
The contact dispute is with the owner of the station, not with Fox. The station owner has 100 plus stations across the country.
AgsWin2011
AG
Watching it now on YouTube TV.
Broncos
DirecTV sucks.
Crusader
Can anyone elaborate on why Direct TV is so good or bad? I know nothing about them.

I do know that we have had Suddenlink for severn years and I can't imagine anything worse than them. Their customer service (or the lack thereof) has driven me to the point of leaving them, and sticking up an antenna, if necessary. It is no exaggeration to say that Suddenlink customers service is staffed by incompetent and indifferent liars.

I must conclude, however, by saying that their service technicians are very good. No complains against them.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

It is no exaggeration to say that Suddenlink customers service is staffed by incompetent and indifferent liars.
Satellite companies are no better as far as customer service.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I hated directv for this reason, the rate increases, and having to call in and grovel for discounts after being a customer for 15 years. I finally did a trial of YouTubeTV and haven't looked back. Now I just can't imagine why it took me so long to ditch direct in the first place.
AgsWin2011
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I hated directv for this reason, the rate increases, and having to call in and grovel for discounts after being a customer for 15 years. I finally did a trial of YouTubeTV and haven't looked back. Now I just can't imagine why it took me so long to ditch direct in the first place.
I'm telling you, YouTube TV is the best option out there right now. Best part is, no contracts and only $50 a month. Hopefully they won't raise the prices anymore, but the last time they did they added around 5-6 shows.

You get unlimited DVR but everything deletes after 9 months. The interface is great and easy to use. I rarely have problems with unless out internet goes down, but then I can just pick right up on my cell phone until the internet comes back. A big bonus for me is that I usually have to work one Saturday a month. That used to kill me during college football season but now I can watch anywhere I go.
75AG
AG
Can you get a good sports package? Astros, SEC, etc.?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Sports are great on youtubetv FOR ME. Im not an Astros follower or an NFL Sunday Ticket guy. If you're an Astros fan you'll need to stick to something else.
75AG
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Sports are great on youtubetv FOR ME. Im not an Astros follower or an NFL Sunday Ticket guy. If you're an Astros fan you'll need to stick to something else.
Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.