Best Neighborhoods to Lease as Adults

3,502 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SoTheySay
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I finally bit the bullet and are moving back to B/CS. We listed out house for sale today. We are looking to lease a house initially until we find or build our next home. What family friendly neighborhoods do you recommend for leasing that won't have college kids living next door?
We had looked around Castle Gate online, but I assume there has to be more.
trouble
AG
Look in Bryan in some of the older neighborhoods.
rsa
AG
trouble said:

+1

College Station does have a few neighborhoods where there are restrictions on how many non-related individuals may live in a house to temper the student rentals, but Bryan has an overall larger selection of areas.
rodan85
AG
summergal
Copperfield in Bryan. Great family neighborhood.
O.G.
Following.
halibut sinclair
rsa said:

trouble said:

+1

College Station does have a few neighborhoods where there are restrictions on how many non-related individuals may live in a house to temper the student rentals, but Bryan has an overall larger selection of areas.
Bryan also has many R-NC district neighborhoods where there are restrictions on having more than 2 non-related individuals. There's a map here:

https://www.bryantx.gov/neighborhood-conservation-districts/
Stupe
S
Check your PM.
Wicked Good Ag
We love some of the older homes in Emerald Forest area. Mature trees and large lots. Houses however may need fixing up as this area is going thru a re gentrification so to speak

What size house you looking for?? Where are you in life?? Looking for acreage or large or small house. Using this move to downsize or expand??
TXCityGirl
Castle Rock and Castlegate in South College Station don't have college students and offer a few rentals. I would also say the neighborhood of Pebble Creek and those surrounding it.
Nantucket would be a question for others, but it seems quiet.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Congrats on the move back to God's country!
AFM
Edelweiss has decent rentals and not tons of students if you are looking at 1500 to 1700 sq. ft range.
Oogway
Edelweiss is good plus close to various schools from K-12. Springbrooke over by Barron/Longmire aka 'the bird streets' and the surrounding neighborhood near Eagle are good too. If you wish to be right in the middle of things, some of the streets off of Deacon are deed restricted, full of families and pretty easy access to campus/amenities. Those have mostly been mentioned, but also Shenandoah and Brandon Heights are smaller neighborhoods but have rentals mixed with owner occupied.
crbongos
AG
We have new homes (or nearly new) in both CS and Bryan in non student neighborhoods.

www.rentleading.com

CRBongo
CRE-Ag
AG
Castle Rock is a really great neighborhood.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

We love some of the older homes in Emerald Forest area. Mature trees and large lots. Houses however may need fixing up as this area is going thru a re gentrification so to speak

What size house you looking for?? Where are you in life?? Looking for acreage or large or small house. Using this move to downsize or expand??

We are moving from the Spring/ Woodlands area. Just plan on leasing for the year to get a better feel for the area again before building or buying. My wife and I don't have kids yet, but are in our 30s.

We are probably looking at 2000-3000 sqft. We are selling our 3000 sqft house and have no idea where we will fit everything.

I want acreage eventually, but it is not a deal breaker for our year rental.

I am really just using this move to get our of Houston and back into a smaller town. College Station just feels like home every time I go back.
Stupe
S
2,000-3,000 is Castlegate, Castle Rock, Pebble Creek, Emerald Forest, etc....
Buford T. Justice
AG
$300-$375
motherrunnersBCS
Come check out my neighborhood - Robinsville Ct., off of Alexandria. New houses, or almost new houses for rent or sale. It is the back of Shenandoah, but still so new that many people do not know it is here yet. 2200-2500 sqft, 3-5 bedrooms. We have enjoyed our months here - very quiet but close to the park and HEB. Homeowner's association fee of less than $50 - a year. Very peaceful since the neighborhood is made up of 3 culdesacs.
trouble
AG
We're in Culpepper Manor (basically Villa Maria and Carter Creek). Several older large homes available for rent around us. We bought but our house is 3400sqft.
apoglo12
AG
Windwood

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2601-Spicewood-Ct-College-Station-TX-77845/50328677_zpid/
Stupe
S
He was talking square footage.
SoTheySay
S
Send me an email to the address in profile?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.