Road Atlas

2,531 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rptsAg03
backinbcs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know where I can find one? Looked at most of the Walmart's, numerous gas stations, Target, B&N, and can't find one. Any ideas?
Love Gun
People still use these?
littlebitofhifi
AG
Local AAA office
backinbcs
Where is the AAA office?
littlebitofhifi
AG
Hmmm...quick google search and looks like the one in BCS has closed. If you're a AAA member, they'll mail you atlases/travel guides upon request. Otherwise, Michelin or Amazon are probably best bets.
Belton Ag
AG
Barnes & Nobles has them (or had them the last time I was there) on the right side of the store (if you're facing the front counter) towards the front.
birdman
Barnes & Noble had them earlier this week. Any truck stop will have them.
BCStalk
What's a road atlas

Signed
Young people
backinbcs
Thank you.
woodiewood1
B/n has dozens of them
91_Aggie
AG
Pick up a set of encyclopedias at barnes & noble while you are there.
Oogway
You mentioned Barnes and Noble in your OP, but that is definitely where I bought ours last year. Walgreens has them sometimes too.
You may need to find a clerk to help you locate them.

Edit to add-for folks who think they are unnecessary; if the kiddos are in the car, learning how to read a map on the fly is a useful skill. It also gives them something to do that isn't a screen. Think about who made those maps and how. Lot easier to travel without a paper one these days, but an important part of history.
MarineBQ04
AG
Also, you can check half price too. I know the CVB has really good county/city maps they hand out.

Believe it or not, there are some places where GPS is not necessarily the most accurate or most helpful. Having a good ole road atlas on standby is a good thing.
chickiepoo
AG
On long car trips, we taught our son how to read a paper map. Taught him a little geography and helped pass the time. It has actually come in handy now and then.
Stupe
S
Love Gun said:

People still use these?

People that aren't morons know how to read a map and want their children to have the same skill.
scd88
AG
When I was a State Farm agent, we had Rand McNally ones to give away to customers and prospects. Those were really good ones.

I'm not sure the company still partners with RM to make them, though.
rptsAg03
Have seen them at Office Depot, near the checkout
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.