Infant Daycare?

7,511 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by histag10
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe they are, maybe my pool is bad- or maybe i wrote that when i had a really bad week with student workers and had to fire several. My point though is that i dont want to hire a student to drive 20 miles from town daily and work 7-6:30 in my home with a newborn. I feel I have made that clear and really wish people would quit throwing it out as an option. Its not something I am comfortable with, and not something we are willing to do.

My preference is for both of my children to be cared for in town in either a center or in home daycare (must be state licensed). Im looking for somewhere for an infant to go in January in that type of environment- thats what I asked for, and believe it or not, thats what I actually want.

All of my sitters are great and are all college kids, and i 100% trust them with my child- but i still wouldnt trust them to reliably drive 20 miles to and from town to work full time m-f 7-6:30 on what a daycare charges per month for an infant.
JP76
Doesn't campus have a childcare facility that is for employees only ?

I like Stepping Stone on RP but don't think they take under 18 months.

Same for Bright Beginnings

histag10
AG
JP76 said:

Doesn't campus have a childcare facility that is for employees only ?

I like Stepping Stone on RP but don't think they take under 18 months.

Same for Bright Beginnings

Becky Gates Childrens Center, but they dont take under 12 months unfortunately.
justalocal
histag10 said:

Maybe they are, maybe my pool is bad- or maybe i wrote that when i had a really bad week with student workers and had to fire several. My point though is that i dont want to hire a student to drive 20 miles from town daily and work 7-6:30 in my home with a newborn. I feel I have made that clear and really wish people would quit throwing it out as an option. Its not something I am comfortable with, and not something we are willing to do.

My preference is for both of my children to be cared for in town in either a center or in home daycare (must be state licensed). Im looking for somewhere for an infant to go in January in that type of environment- thats what I asked for, and believe it or not, thats what I actually want.

All of my sitters are great and are all college kids, and i 100% trust them with my child- but i still wouldnt trust them to reliably drive 20 miles to and from town to work full time m-f 7-6:30 on what a daycare charges per month for an infant.
Ok, you've never made it clear until this post. Your response to my post was that you thought about care in your home and a post above that you said you were open to in-home daycare which can be construed as care in your home. Forgive those of us that are offering up recommendations for infant care but don't read minds.
Wicked Good Ag
Esteban du Plantier said:

Stepping Stone rock prairie opens at 630.

We know. We lived right behind them for years
histag10
AG
justalocal said:

histag10 said:

Ok, you've never made it clear until this post. Your response to my post was that you thought about care in your home and a post above that you said you were open to in-home daycare which can be construed as care in your home. Forgive those of us that are offering up recommendations for infant care but don't read minds.

In home daycare and care in your home are two different things. An in home daycare is a daycare run out of someones home. They are typically licensed by the state, have to meet standards, and have student limits.

My first response to you made it clear that i am not open to hiring a student to come into my home 5 days a week to watch my child. At least i thought i have made it clear by this point, but i clearly havemt since you wont quit pushing it.

So there is no confusion going forward- i am not looking for a nanny or someone to come into my home daily to watch a newborn. As the OP says, i am looking for a daycare.
cinag83
A new daycare has opened at St Luke's UMC called Kingsgate Christian School. It is located on West Villa Maria across from Traditions. The hours are 7 to 6. Plenty of openings available. No idea what the cost might be. The phone number is 979-882-9000.
histag10
AG
Thank you! I'll give them a call!
Tanya 93
I will say I loved Benny being at St. Anthony's.

That place was amazing for kids
NurseShep
Our girls are at First Adventures. They're open 7-5:30 and infant room is $890. https://www.firstadventuresllc.com/
histag10
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Ultimately I think we are going with St. Anthonys, and we will just try to make the times work out with work. We will only have 2 in daycare (different daycares) for roughly 8 months, and then it will just be St. Anthonys.

Again, thanks for the suggestions, and I hope this thread helps someone else in their quest for infant daycare in town!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.