Pool Builders in BCS and your experience

30,239 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Animal Eight 84
RGRAg1/75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RXAggie02 said:

We are currently building with The Pool Guy. We looked at a ton of pools prior of friends and neighbors. 100% positive feedback from those who built with the pool guys (1-5 year old pools), 75% positive feedback from Funshine builds, 100% for mobley builds (1 person).

The process has been amazingly simple. Sean is easy to work with and will tell you what works and what doesn't point blank. No surprises.

His foreman, Felipe, is awesome!

They dug the whole in one day (the guy on the bobcat has some precision skills)
They rebared the pool thursday afternoon. (those guys have some precision bending rebar with their hands!)

Gunnite to spray tomm or wednesday.

OP, Hit me up if you want to check it out shane dot lechler at gmail dot com

weebles2
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

RXAggie02 said:

We are currently building with The Pool Guy. We looked at a ton of pools prior of friends and neighbors. 100% positive feedback from those who built with the pool guys (1-5 year old pools), 75% positive feedback from Funshine builds, 100% for mobley builds (1 person).

The process has been amazingly simple. Sean is easy to work with and will tell you what works and what doesn't point blank. No surprises.

They rebared the pool thursday afternoon. (those guys have some precision bending rebar with their hands!)

Hahaha, I did a double take myself on that email address!!!

I wonder if his new pool is shaped like a football?
etmydst
AG
Probably the pharmacist: https://www.theeagle.com/brazos360/shane-lechler-a-comical-case-of-mistaken-identity/article_7f8eb24c-fd7e-11e8-83f3-771818913303.html
RXAggie02
AG
Haha, Thats me! The pharmacist...
Fleen
RGRAg1/75 said:

RXAggie02 said:

Ha! He's my pharmacist...
Post removed:
by user
EliteElectric
Just had Pools by Brannon remodel my pool and happy so far
aggiepaintrain
AG
That joker never called me back after he came to my house.

JR Ewing
JR Ewing
JR Ewing
AG
Back to post updated pics...worth the wait! I'll post the patio when near completion next week...

Expert Analysis
AG
Who did you choose to design/build your pool?
JR Ewing
AG
I used Capital Construction Services for the patio, which I'll post pics of after this next week. They are staining/stamping and enclosing it, so it'll be near complete end of next week. I used Mobley Pools for the pool construction. His reputation was the best overall, and for my timing, I was ok with the 8-9 month waiting list. With the weather we had last week, I didn't think he'd be able to do it, but they timed the gunite I stall perfectly, had it dug and rebarred in two days with great crews, and poured after one day of rain after putting up plastic barrier sheeting. I've been very impressed so far with both options and am pumped about my soon to be new backyard.
MTTANK
AG
Username checks out
JR Ewing
AG
MTTANK said:

Username checks out

jhermon
Bump to revisit and see if anyone has additional input. With our current heat, regretting not pursuing last year. Wife won't be happy if we don't have one next summer.
rptsAg03
Still happy with my Mobley pool!
TCT Legend
Give Aquatex Custom Pools a look. He is local (B/CS), we used him to build our pool last year. Provides excellent customer service and is great to work with! If you google the company, you will find his link to Facebook. He is also on Instagram.
RDH80
AG
We added a spa and are refinishing the pool and having issues with Brazos Lonestar....I wouldn't use them again.
wareagle044
TCT Legend said:

Give Aquatex Custom Pools a look. He is local (B/CS), we used him to build our pool last year. Provides excellent customer service and is great to work with! If you google the company, you will find his link to Facebook. He is also on Instagram.

My brother is having a pool done by Aquatex right now
ChampsAg
We are using a company out of Montgomery. Wife has handles it so I'm not sure name. Everyone in town was expensive and some went up on quotes after we made the pool smaller

Decking is our next step and concrete is ridiculous right now!
aggie028
AG
Obviously this is a very loaded question… but what does a typical pool quote look like right now? What does $150k get you?
driver9050
I personally know the owner of AquaTex Pools. I've seen pictures of some of his pools and they look great. We were talking about starting prices about 6 months ago and he said a pool and spa starts in the mid $70s. Not sure if that's still current pricing.
aggie028
AG
Thanks. That is helpful.
halibut sinclair
Ist year - we love our pool!
After that - why did we get this pool?
313-7-12thMan
You can do a quick review of the pool permits issued in BCS and see who the guys are that build the most and have been in town the longest. Sunshine Fun Pools, The Pool Guy, Mobley, and Premier build the most by far. It's an easy way to weed out newcomers to the market too. Too many bad stories the past couple of years when demand went up about new guys coming to town and not getting pools finished. Buy local. All the above build quality pools. Sunshine built mine eight years ago and have had no problems at all. Marcus was my designer and did a great job with my elevation change and overall concept. They had an ownership change about 5 years ago but have had friends use them since and say the company is better than ever with some new processes in place.
RGRAg1/75
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Really?

Do you have kids? We're wondering why we waited so long to do it. To each their own…
halibut sinclair
RGRAg1/75 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Really?

Do you have kids? We're wondering why we waited so long to do it. To each their own…

Yes, we have grown kids and we never had a pool. Enjoy your boondoggle after they're grown.
AG81
AG
Mobley, going away. As evidence, he's been building pools here since the mid 1970's. If you can find someone else who has built pools that long, go with them. There's a reason he's outlasted everyone else in town. He's just the best.
EBrazosAg
AG
Bump for this story …. Find it odd KBTX found it compelling enough to run a story but not to mention the contractor ….
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/11/23/we-paid-you-good-faith-pool-contractor-not-holding-their-end-bargain/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
They probably were told by their legal team "keep it vague".
JR Ewing
AG
I am still extremely happy with our pool. We used Mobley, amd the amount of steel and rebar was second to none. Just am FYi...
aggiepaintrain
AG
According to FB comments the company in question was Polar Bear Pools

sirhc
AG
Anyone build a pool in last 1-3 years and can comment on size and approximate cost?
aggiepaintrain
AG
sirhc said:

Anyone build a pool in last 1-3 years and can comment on size and approximate cost?

Yes… depends on how big and who you use.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.