Power Outage

9,710 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by iisanaggie
J182
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crazy storm going on. Power out in Bryan. This lightning is something else.
Rapier108
Out in College Station around Crescent Pointe.

Also got fire trucks in the area, I think they're at one of the apartment complexes.

BTU's outage map is down.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
J182
AG
I'm over in the 2818 Walmart area. Lots of sirens. Can't see anyone with power on at my complex.
redd38
AG
Guy on tv said most of Bryan is out. I'm in south Bryan and have power, although it flickered a few times.

Pretty intense few minutes there.
Rapier108
On the scanners, they are responding to multiple fire calls (lightning strikes), power lines down, and car accidents.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/2543
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ajollyag
All of Crescent Pointe Apartments is out.
redd38
AG
They said they recorded 60mph wind gusts
Rapier108
ajolly said:

All of Crescent Pointe Apartments is out.
I couldn't hear on the scanner clearly because so many people were talking at once. Did the fire department go there?
The Anchor
AG
I was parked in a parking lot when it rolled through. My car was rocking from the wind. It was intense. I kept looking for a tornado.
313-7-12thMan
Woodcreek in CS no power since 9:30.
Eliminatus
AG
Got a few flickers but stayed on. Pretty sure I heard a tree go over very near by too. Crazy burst for about 5 mins there. Enough that I rehashed where I placed things ahead of time like flashlights and candles and worried about my vehicle.
Eliminatus
AG
redd38 said:

They said they recorded 60mph wind gusts
Pretty sure I was on the front patio when that hit. Microburst?? The rain was nearly horizontal at that point and my eyes were glued to the tree above my truck the whole time.
chickencoupe16
AG
KBTX seems to be down now.
Rapier108
chickencoupe16 said:

Watch the stream on Facebook. Don't need an account.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/kbtxmedia/videos/
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Can anybody go to BTU and give us a heads up if you have power, I'm out in Bryan with no power by villa Maria and the page won't pull up for me
Red Krow
Power out here, off of Shirewood, by villa Maria and 2818. Yup can't bring up btu map. Got crazy bad here for awhile. Thought for sure it was a tornado at one point.
mgreen
Pebble creek is out.
chickencoupe16
AG
Thanks!
bcstx06
Seems like the entire county is out.
Rapier108
Crew show dispatched to the outage in CS which is pretty much everything between Harvey and University.
95_Aggie
AG
Have power in Castlegate (crossing fingers)
Eliminatus
AG
Wheeler Ridge is good. Coupla flickers at the height but that was it.
J182
AG
Power just came back on in my area
scd88
AG
Creek Meadows is good so far.
Rapier108
For anyone who doesn't have the links.

CSU outage map.

http://outages.cstx.gov/

BTU outage map (currently down)

http://outages.btutilities.com/
Belton Ag
AG
Power back on in the Oaks a few minutes ago. Discovered a couple roof leaks I didn't know I had thanks to the wind.
KidDoc
AG
mgreen said:

Pebble creek is out.

Pebble Creek here and not even a flicker. Impressive storm though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
annie88
AG
I'm in Spring Meadows down from pebble Creek closer to Lowe's and power hasn't gone off here. Wind was crazy strong a bit ago though. I brought all my animals in the main bedroom with me away from the main windows in large trees, seems to be getting lesser/more quiet now.
rsa
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

In College Hills - a few flickers, but both the power and KBTZ on tv stayed on. Lot's of sirens out and about.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Power back on off of villa maria
Red Krow
Yup power back on here. BTU is amazing, that was a very severe storm.
bushytailed
AG
Still out at Carter Creek and 29th, just down from KBTX.
ranh1
Still no power at Crescent Pointe. Got the battery powered radio going. Old school.
new straw
Still out in summit crossing.
Rudybryan
power still out on south side of Hollydale, Highland between so college and cavitt
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.