Metal Fabrication work

1,915 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LuckyAgg01
LuckyAgg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a referral --
I have an old large propane tank that is attached to a trailer axle. I am wanting to convert the tank and trailer into a trailer grill.

Are you aware of a person or business, in the Brazos Valley, that can handle this metal fab/welding project and convert the tank and trailer into function-able grill?

TIA !
SARATOGA
Lots of places will prolly do it. But just "turning it" into a grill isn't that hard. a torch and a welder and bit of material and a couple hours sounds like all you've described. Not sure if any fab shops will do a job that small and you might pay more of a premium for that.

Brazos Welding has a fab shop next door (2818).

There is a fab shop on 21 across from Pioneer brothers on the south side of the road.

Jack Rabbit manufacturing is also up that way.

But really a friend with a torch and a welder and a saturday sounds like what your after.
UmustBKidding
High school ag shop. The amchs group build a bunch every year. The new Bryan cte school is opening this year and might be an option.
BCStalk
I would definitely look into an ag class. Most welding shops are busy right now but that's not to say they won't do it. Custom fab in Bryan is a good shop.
GSS
Brazos Industries (Shiloh Dr, Brazos Cty Business Park) can certainly do the work mentioned. But be prepared for more than a "couple of hours" needed to complete the cuts, welding hinges, installing vents, smokestack, handles, angle iron install for grill, pan for coals, etc....
TxSquarebody
I have a welder, a grinder, and a shop we can work in. bcssquares@gmail.com
WheelinAg
AG
The fab shop next to Brazos Welding is Custom Fabricators. Like mentioned before, you probably want to find an individual with a side business or a friend. These projects can be hard to quote sometimes and can catch a customer off guard with the amount of time it takes.

What kind of shape is the trailer/tank in? Rusty?

I have a shop and necessary equipment, but probably not the time at the moment.
DBSwooper
https://www.facebook.com/Profab-custom-fabrication-286225115116294/
Don is a great guy, does fantastic work at an honest price.
aggiegal99
John Templeton, who has taught ag mech at Consol for many years, has a summer and weekend business doing metal fab jobs. Here's his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Rockin-T-Tire-Fabrication-LLC-173141370015026/

Or he said you can contact him on his cell phone (979) 575-0942
LuckyAgg01
Thank you all for the recommendations!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.