College Station Library

3,498 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cslifer
Three Twenties and A Ten
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know why the projected schedule was missed by so much on this project? Post below said the bond was approved 10yrs ago and construction was started at a specific time in 2018 for the library to be able to reopen the first week of June 2019. My kids were at the Bryan library a few weeks ago and asked about CS reopening...the librarian laughed and said they would be lucky if the CS branch was reopened by the end of the summer. A pretty big miss on a tax-payer funded project (not abnormal, I know!), that had 10yrs of planning behind it.

Just curious....

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/renovations-to-close-larry-j-ringer-library-starting-nov/article_f976df90-c455-57c0-b767-8c55a188162c.html
nthomas99
AG
My wife told me she read in an email from the library (or something) that the renovation is done but there was hiccup with the new furniture / stacks / etc and that basically they're waiting for all of that to arrive and will then proceed with reorganizing everything prior to reopening.
techno-ag
AG
So, they're off by two months? That's not bad for major construction.
cslifer
I believe it has been done for a while, just waiting on shelving/furniture is what I heard. You are kind of at the mercy of the supplier as that stuff is too large to just be stored somewhere.
Nice try at trying to stir up some outrage over nothing though! I give you an A for effort!
CEAg78
AG
I think it's bad that they are waiting on furnishings. Email newsletter said construction complete but shelving, etc not arriving until August.
nthomas99
AG
And they probably changed their chips too!! Can you believe it?!!! Oops, wrong thread.
bobinator
AG
Needs to hurry up, I'm tired of having to drive all the way to Bryan to get books.
Oogway
I, too, was frustrated by the delays and missed having the convenience of Ringer library's proximity. However, it does seemed to have been a rather wet and rainy time and that could cause no end of delays on the outside of the building which may or may not have had an effect on the rest of it plus the furniture/shelving. It sure has been fun watching it come together. Have you all seen some of the pics on their update page?

https://www.bcslibrary.org/construction/

I am looking forward to the opening although if you go to the Mounce library in Bryan, don't forget: you're never too old to ring the bell!
bobinator
AG
for the record I was mostly kidding. Going to the Mounce library gives me a good excuse to pick up some meat at La Perla or La Michoacana.
cstexans
I wish they were able to have met the original schedule, but if they can do it by end of Summer, that is still great. Not a huge delay for such a complete renovation.

I really like our library system. We are lucky to have it.
MisterShipWreck
We don't want those outta control kids reading in the summer.
EVA3
AG
cslifer said:

I believe it has been done for a while, just waiting on shelving/furniture is what I heard. You are kind of at the mercy of the supplier as that stuff is too large to just be stored somewhere.
Nice try at trying to stir up some outrage over nothing though! I give you an A for effort!

And Mr. Rudeness strikes again.
Builder93
AG

Alright, all done. Let's get these shelves up so we can get the books out the boxes!

Uh, we didn't have shelves in our contract.

Sure you did.

No, we didn't. Read it.

Oh crap.
cslifer
Did you really just bump a thread that hasn't been commented on in a week just to call me a childish name?
motherrunnersBCS
What was wrong with the old shelves?
Agmaker
Pot, meet kettle.
cslifer
That saying would work if I had done the same thing, unfortunately I didn't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.