Paisano's Pizzeria

6,497 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CS Iron 25
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone tried this place? Curious to know how the pizza and calzones are.
UmustBKidding
We had the rolls and they were as good or better than gumbys tat was there before. They gave us sample quantity of all their dipping sauce and they were good. No pizza or calzone experience.
Very convenient to my house so glad they are here.
59in79
AG
They have pepperoni rolls but more often than not there are no pepperonis In them, just dough. Beware!!
AggieBarstool
What sets this place apart from the best-in-class leaders we already have (Rx, Howdy's)?
kyledr04
AG
Pizza we had was really thin and overdone.
cottonpatchag
AG
These rolls sound Levy approved!
DimeBox17
AG
Went there last night 10 minutes before closing time. Both guys there were very happy to serve us and make fresh pepperoni rolls. Unlike the comment above, the rolls almost had too much pepperoni in them. I'd go back
halibut sinclair
DimeBox17 said:

the rolls almost had too much pepperoni in them
That is not possible.
KLaTJr
It's not good. Skip it.

*Adding details as requested.

1. The pan pizza is too thick. The thin crust is that cracker thin. The pan pizza at Pizza Hut is better and I hate Pizza Hut.
2. Way too much oregano in their sauce. Makes it difficult to eat.
3. The pizza roll dough was rubbery. Double Dave's and Gumby's has that golden brown, crisp roll (not saying they're perfect). This was so rubbery. It was not undercooked though. Also, the ranch was too watery.

I'd prefer RX or Howdy's for pizza and Gumby's or Double Dave's for rolls. The quality/cost at Piasano's not worth it. SouthFlo at HEB is better and much cheaper.
trouble
AG
A little more detail maybe?
justalocal
We get a pizza there maybe once every 2 weeks. It's close by which is a plus for us.

My older child loves the calzone. We've ordered them a few times and I find that they are different, like the crust consistency is not the same each time but they taste fine.

We've gotten the Chicago style. My older child and husband liked. I personally thought it had way too much sauce.

Pizza rolls, we just had them last week, they were exactly like Gumby's. Ours have always had pepperoni in them. I believe that's their Tuesday deal.

Had the BBQ thin crust, I'd get it again with a tad bit more BBQ sauce.

Our cheese pizzas for the younger kids always seems overdone except for the very first time we ordered after they changed their name.
halibut sinclair
The rook got my attention with the cracker thin crust pizza. That's my jam. If you like thin crust and haven't tried the new thin crust pizza at Little Caesar's you are missing out.
trouble
AG
Thanks for explaining. We haven't made it down there yet because we really like Rx.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I get their pepperoni rolls every few weeks because they are close to my house. I've liked them each time I've had them, but Double Dave's are bigger.
KLaTJr
No problem! I created the account just to respond on pizza. Doing my civic duty.
war hymn aggie
AG
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=goggles+paisano&view=detail&mid=F1BC2839DC4B7A46F451F1BC2839DC4B7A46F451&FORM=VIRE

Get the brontosauraus burger pie.
AG @ HEART
My experience is the standard and you definitely not do what I did
Tariny
We went there this weekend, and I ordered a "Make Your Own" pizza roll with bacon and mushrooms. The pizza roll I received was huge, probably 4 x 12 inches, and was only $2.50! I enjoyed the dough, it was crisp on the outside and had enough of a chew to be very pleasant. My husband got a small pepperoni pizza, and the only thing he mentioned about it was that he did not like the way they cut it, it was in squares instead of slices.

I will definitely return for the "Make Your Own" pizza rolls!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Here is a thought...try it for yourself, and make your own decision.
AggiePhil
AG
Calzone was delicious. Will get again. Chicago style was well done but not really my thing. Great place though!
labmansid
Buford T. Justice said:

Here is a thought...try it for yourself, and make your own decision.
Blasphemy!
CS Iron 25
Have eaten here twice now, once carry out and then delivery. Very fast and thought hand tossed pizza was delicious. Whole family loved it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.