Donating furniture

1,509 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rc_cat
gigemags87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clearing out my son's house post-graduation (whoop) and wondering where I should go to donate furniture and other household goods. Thanks for any ideas.
halibut sinclair
Twin City Mission
trouble
AG
Twin City Mission.
rc_cat
Piggybacking off this question; Is there a central drop-off location for donations for TCM like there used to be on Wellborn, or do you go to the back door of the TCM store(s) or what? Also, if you look at their website, they mention donating suggested items such as clothing, bedding and personal products, but no mention of household items, furniture, knick-knacks, etc. We really need to declutter and donate, but don't want to overload TCM with things they can't use.

Thanks.
halibut sinclair
They will come pick up large items.
armymom
ReStore
sangria
AG
TCM takes furniture, housewares, and knick knacks at both locations. The one on Old College isn't accepting books right now.

I think both locations have specific times during the day when you can drop off items, something like 9 am - 4pm.
jmn10918
AG
I know of the iHouse ministry (ministry through the A&M Church of Christ that helps international students transition from their move to Aggieland) does a furniture giveaway. https://ihouseaggieland.org/ihouse-market/ I believe Grace also does a big giveaway to international students as well. Usually they come for school with just a suit case. I would call or email them and see what they need or what they can store.
rc_cat
sangria said:

TCM takes furniture, housewares, and knick knacks at both locations. The one on Old College isn't accepting books right now.

I think both locations have specific times during the day when you can drop off items, something like 9 am - 4pm.
Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.