6/5/19 Rain fall total

8,359 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Oogway
agnerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alte Schule said:

Spillway to Carter Creek on Wilderness Drive between Red Hill and Manassas Court Raintree subdivison. Photo taken at noon 6/5/19.Yellow flood gauge in the background indicates three feet. It was at four feet five hours earlier. From the bottom of the spillway to the road where the gauge is anchored is six feet.
[url=https://ibb.co/W6NWKCB][/url]
Looks like a good chunk of the Carter Creek watershed got ~8 inches in 12 hours which is a ~100-year rainfall. Floodplain maps (https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search) show that the 100-year floodplain extends through the house that this photo was taken from. So Carter's Creek appears to be behaving as expected, and possibly a little on the conservative side if that house didn't flood.

Your photo provides excellent documentation of the flooding, and I know I'd appreciate an email with it and a quick note about what you saw if I were the floodplain manager at the City of College Station:

Carol Cotter, P.E./CFM, City Engineer
ccotter@cstx.gov
Oogway
Rather than create a new thread, thought I'd bump this one. Be interested to learn what everyone's gauges report in the morning.

The storm tonight was fast but furious.
samsal75
AG
Gauge would have to have been mounted horizontal to catch any rain and get accurate reading!!! lol
pants
2.6" in last 24 hours in Central College Station.
Geop84
AG
We got the neighbor's trampoline in our front yard
drred4
10 inches of Thunder and Lightning!!

2.24" of rain NE Brazos County
Oogway
Raindrops keep falling on my head....

Our lawn and flowers are so happy but I also know it prevents some folks from working.

Hope no one gets flooded this week; probably no burn ban though!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.