Knife sharpening

5,776 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by 13B
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who in B-CS does a good job sharpening kitchen cutlery? Thanks.
TxSquarebody
Is Blackhorse Sharpist still around?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
If nothing else, ask one of the bigger female hair joints who sharpens their shears

We used to take our animal clipper blades to one of those guys that had a mobile sharpening van.
UmustBKidding
My friend who had a mobile sharpening business retired but think there is a guy that picks up and drops off at JoAnn fabric.
VetSurg
AG
There is a guy that sets up in front of Cameron Ranch on Fridays. Don't know how good he is.
UmustBKidding
Think the one that goes to fabric stores is MCB sharpening. Know Marco's pizza was one of my retired friends customer, maybe could ask them who replaced him.
Might ask some of the knife guys like richard Epting or Steep hollow Forge.
Justified
Same guy that used to be in gander mtn.
Fleen
Justified said:

Same guy that used to be in gander mtn.

Awesome, I've been looking for him...
Fleen
Out on Tabor Rd?
diner owner
Rich sharpens knives. You can call/text him at 979six76-zero328 to arrange. He has a proper shop with top notch equipment. He can also repair and rehandle, and makes awesome custom kitchen knives.
VetSurg
AG
Fleen said:

Out on Tabor Rd?
Yes
Sailor
diner owner said:

Rich sharpens knives. You can call/text him at 979six76-zero328 to arrange. He has a proper shop with top notch equipment. He can also repair and rehandle, and makes awesome custom kitchen knives.
I can vouch for Rich. Have bought multiple knives from him and he knows his stuff!
bcs_tx_guy
Check this link or go to their website. Bought one a few weeks back to sharpen knives at work and home and it works like a charm. If you read the instructions and follow them halfway, you will have razor sharp knives in minutes if not seconds. Saves tons of money over paying to get it done, especially if you are like me, and other people use the knives who don't necessarily have knife skills so I don't wanna pay to have them done.

work sharp knife sharpener
Fleen
That looks pretty slick if just for tools...
sirhc
AG
Bump on this thread - Anyone have a knife sharpener rec? I tried reaching out to Aggieland Knife Sharpening (found on Google) and no response
Gunner0740
Every Friday morning is when the guy at Cameron ranch sets up at the gas station. He's sharpened some hunting knives for me and they've held an edge really well. I recommend him.
Justified
There is also a guy that sets up at circle star firearms. I don't know his schedule? Just another option
sirhc
AG
Can confirm guy at Cameron ranch is still there. Cash only. $3.50 for a kitchen knife
TheOC16
AG
What/where is Cameron Ranch?
snaglepuss
Tabor Rd. east at the corner of 2223. Convenience store, gas station and cafe.
Visor
AG
Fridays only?
snaglepuss
yes
AggiePhil
AG
Crazy you have to go to some obscure location on a certain day of the week to get pocket knives sharpened. Surely there's a better way. Mail order place maybe? That'd almost be easier, at least for me.
Visor
AG
Does he do chef knives
tbone94
AG
Kesco Supply on N Texas in Bryan. They have someone they sub out to.
armymom
Anyone know what time the guy starts sharpening knives at Cameron Ranch on Fridays?
Gunner0740
Gunner0740
Here's already set up at 0715 when I pull up to get a breakfast taco and he's there until well after lunch.
armymom
Thanks for your reply! I sat out there today 8:30-9:30 and never saw him. Wish there was a better way to know or contact him. Maybe it was too hot.
Gunner0740
You may be able to ask the owner of the store, Jason. He's the tall gentleman with reddish brown hair, usually running the register in the morning. He is super friendly and approachable and will typically help you with whatever he can.
13B
armymom said:

Thanks for your reply! I sat out there today 8:30-9:30 and never saw him. Wish there was a better way to know or contact him. Maybe it was too hot.
I don't know about earlier but fairly certain he was there at 1000 when I was there. Sometimes he goes inside but his sharpening wheel should still be outside to the left of the entrance (as you are facing the store).
Dogdoc
AG
There is a current student who has posted on the outdoors board who sharpens knives. I don't remember his name, but you might try there. They know stuff.
histag10
AG
Logan Brackin with Black Knight Blades does sharpening.
WolfCall
AG
Anyone sharpening chain saw chains?
histag10
AG
Ace Hardware is where we take our chains to be sharpened.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.