Local DJ planning to run from CS to Las Vegas in 45 Days

10,891 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BeardedBear
CoachC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you post the link to this?
Bunk Moreland
redd38 said:

Well, if nothing else it seems like it'll be a good lesson in marketing.

Exactly. I am rooting for the guy but does he have a team of people promoting this for him? It seems like he made nobody aware. Does anyone else have a vested interest in this happening?

Did he think he'd turn into Forest Gump and 20/20 would be doing stories on him as he went?
nashvilleaggie11
Sorry, but a $100k music festival in BCS ain't a worthy cause. Maybe if he was raising money for something worthwhile, he'd see some higher numbers in his Kickstarter. Having been in the music industry for over a decade, $100k is not necessary to pull off a great music festival in BCS and the fact that he doesn't realize this makes me think he is not qualified to be organizing a music festival.

DJ Rob, I'm happy to help you when you get back from your run across the desert.
BeardedBear
AG
Here is the link to the post.
BeardedBear
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Sorry, but a $100k music festival in BCS ain't a worthy cause. Maybe if he was raising money for something worthwhile, he'd see some higher numbers in his Kickstarter. Having been in the music industry for over a decade, $100k is not necessary to pull off a great music festival in BCS and the fact that he doesn't realize this makes me think he is not qualified to be organizing a music festival.

DJ Rob, I'm happy to help you when you get back from your run across the desert.
From what I understand, 100k was the mark set by talking to the company that does all the production for Chilifest.
legalbird
He should have partnered up with a great charity such as Twin City.

Get some local backers and have your music fest with proceeds going towards Twin City.

Folks in Abilene and Las Cruces and Gilbert won't remember you by August 2nd.

Make it a full blown local event, and your feet and knees would feel good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
redd38 said:

Well, if nothing else it seems like it'll be a good lesson in marketing.
72 backers with less than $10,000 pledged.

I'd say there's a good lesson in marketing here.
BeardedBear
AG
From my understanding he is partnered with the local boys and girls club.

He just hit Nevada! Inspiring dedication even if he doesn't hit his funding goal.
BlueMiles
AG
BlueMiles
AG
He made it!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
BeardedBear
AG
I know he didn't reach his funding goal for the festival, but what an amazing display of heart and fortitude. Hopefully he uses that drive to find some sponsors with deep pockets to make this thing happen.

Way to go Rob!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.