How to make a highway complaint to TXDOT in College Station?

3,730 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
MisterShipWreck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think I remember that the city has a website to report highway /roadway issues. But does the local TXDOT have something similar?

The HWY6 feeder road in front of the Krogers gas station has a bump that is getting worse and worse. Right where the blacktop meets the concrete of the Rock Prairie intersection, there is a hump in the right turning lane (right after the driveway to the Kroger gas station).

I go this way everyday, and after months and months, that hump is getting bigger. It jarrs the car, almost like a speed bump.

Anyone know of a link to report this? It would likely be a state issue to repair that area.
ringrit
I reported a pothole on the feeder road of Hwy 6 a couple months ago. I got a response back from them saying that if it was on the feeder road, it was TxDOT and if it was on the side street it was City of CS, but it was fixed VERY quickly. I don't know if they reported it to TxDOT and it was fixed, or if they ended up fixing it themselves. I would start with the City's website.
techno-ag
AG
Obligatory.

MisterShipWreck
ringrit said:

I reported a pothole on the feeder road of Hwy 6 a couple months ago. I got a response back from them saying that if it was on the feeder road, it was TxDOT and if it was on the side street it was City of CS, but it was fixed VERY quickly. I don't know if they reported it to TxDOT and it was fixed, or if they ended up fixing it themselves. I would start with the City's website.
Thanks. I may do that.

Years ago, there was someone here from TXDOT who would reply. And when people mentioned something on a thread, it would be looked at. But, I do not remember his user name, and I do not know if he is still on the forum
AgFan1999
AG
Wasn't it TrafficGuy?
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
I cant remember being helpful,.....

But I will pass this along.

And dont forget to check out footballthursday.tamu.edu when August 29 gets closer.
Gig 'em
MisterShipWreck
Great. Hope it gets fixed soon
Nom de Plume
AG
If you Google "txdot complaints" it's pretty easy to find. I light it up often.
88agg
AG
You can call the TxDOT Brazos County Maintenance office and let them know.

2102 Tabor Road
Bryan, TX 77803
(979) 778-8054

If you don't like talking to people on the phone then use this site to report problems.

https://www.txdot.gov/contact-us/form.html?form=Report_a_Pothole

I am retired from TxDOT and we would get in trouble if we didn't respond promptly to citizen concerns.
MisterShipWreck
Thanks
Bunk Moreland
one time I called about the light of University E at Hwy 6 as it crosses over the bridge and the intersection on the west side of the road.

COCS said TxDOT controls that light; call them. I call TxDOT and they say "have you talked with the city yet?"
MisterShipWreck
I used that link. I finally got it to go thru. If you miss 1 thing, you have toi go back and retype it ALL over. And, if you fill anything out before you select the drop downs, it erases what you typed. I filled it out like 3x, but finally got it.
MisterShipWreck
They fixed it!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.