FM60 at FM2818 back open...

2,188 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Builder93
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WTAW posted FM60 back open, ahead of schedule.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Stupe
S
TXDOT needs to get their act together and stop lying to the public.
AgFan1999
AG
Weather cooperated. I fully expected end of the week-beginning of next based on the previous weather forecast.
IMnAg79
AG
Good to know..thanks
cz308
Does this mean that the traffic is flowing better now than it was 2 years ago? Gotta see it to believe it if so.
75AG
AG
cz308 said:

Does this mean that the traffic is flowing better now than it was 2 years ago? Gotta see it to believe it if so.
Millions of dollars, new lights, exits, driving on the wrong side of the road... it better.
jello123
cz308 said:

With or without the diverging diamond traffic lights were going to be installed. Thankfully with the DD, turns will be much safer.
isitjustme
AG
cz308 said:

I believe the goal of the project was to slow down and control traffic such that there would be fewer wrecks. To the extent that fewer wrecks help the traffic flow better, then yes, it will help traffic flow better. However, during most times when there wouldn't have been any wrecks, that flow will be slower than before, which I do not think is better.
PS3D
agrab86 said:

cz308 said:

I believe the goal of the project was to slow down and control traffic such that there would be fewer wrecks. To the extent that fewer wrecks help the traffic flow better, then yes, it will help traffic flow better. However, during most times when there wouldn't have been any wrecks, that flow will be slower than before, which I do not think is better.
Before construction started, during peak hours, there would be 4-5 cars trying to turn left onto the entrance to the airport while traffic was zooming down at 60 mph. Have you seen those same 4-5 cars stacked up at the left-hand NB stoplight trying to get over to the airport? I haven't.
Builder93
AG
agrab86 said:

cz308 said:

I think the intersection is faster than the old one. If you are turning...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.