Where did these kids get their facts about The City of Bryan from?

7,717 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie_Boomin 21
FamousAgg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't care about stupid blue stars. I care about the truth, Texas A&M and BCS.

Say what you want. As as an Aggie, I'm embarrassed to see such lack of effort published on YouTube for all to see. Hell these students couldn't even be bothered to shoot a second take after stumbling over words.

It's also sad that these kids don't have enough common sense to know that $117k isn't the average household income in the US.

Anyway, keep defending your friend who is in the video all you want.
Txag_96
This is a course used simply to meet the bs electives that TAMU requires students to take to graduate. I know that I didn't put any effort into any of the classes that weren't useful to my major because they won't matter later in life. Yes, this is a half ass video project but I completely understand the lack of effort by these students since it doesn't count for their major specific classes.
Aston04
AG
Graphics were good- but man the content of that presentation was horrible. That is high school quality - and probably worth about a B-/C+ at that level. The presentation had basic facts wrong (and many presented were virtually irrelevant to the project) and hilariously didn't even cite data about why the rail project makes sense (ridership, estimated economic impact, cost, etc).

Embarrassed for them. At least one of those kids should know if your group sucks- you need to take it over and make it happen. Nobody stepped up in that group.
halibut sinclair
Finally watched it. Pretty terrible. The Ashton Kutcher-looking dude should have taken off his cap. The Jonah Hill dude at the end was probably the worst.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
KorbinDallas said:

I don't care about stupid blue stars. I care about the truth, Texas A&M and BCS.

Say what you want. As as an Aggie, I'm embarrassed to see such lack of effort published on YouTube for all to see. Hell these students couldn't even be bothered to shoot a second take after stumbling over words.

It's also sad that these kids don't have enough common sense to know that $117k isn't the average household income in the US.

Anyway, keep defending your friend who is in the video all you want.

I'm less defending my friend and more telling you and others what is likely going on here. I never said I agreed with it or thought reporting inaccurate facts is good. I am just reporting what is the norm for most classes in this day and age.
Brewmaster
AG
Carny89 said:

Send this video to the appraisal district.
blue star sir... LMAO - I was thinking the same exact thing!
mazag08
AG
The Good Aggieboy19 said:

cslifer said:

What line of work are you in where you can turn in a report that has questionable numbers and it is ok as long as you cite the source? When you get a grown up job you will learn that isn't reality as you as earlier.

I'm not suggesting that it is right. I acknowledged that in my post. I am just telling y'all what reality is in most classes these days. It is unfortunate, but true. Class doesn't work like the real world

The American education system earning its reputation right here.

Classes aren't like the real world, just give a good effort even if you are wrong.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Let's get real here. Outside of downtown, the only developments worth writing home about are dang near on the boundary line of College Station.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
mazag08 said:

cslifer said:

What line of work are you in where you can turn in a report that has questionable numbers and it is ok as long as you cite the source? When you get a grown up job you will learn that isn't reality as you as earlier.

I'm not suggesting that it is right. I acknowledged that in my post. I am just telling y'all what reality is in most classes these days. It is unfortunate, but true. Class doesn't work like the real world

Classes aren't like the real world, just give a good effort even if you are wrong.

Would like to remind that I don't agree with that approach, but it is true in a lot of classrooms. I think that is important information.
isitjustme
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

Let's get real here. Outside of downtown, the only developments worth writing home about are dang near on the boundary line of College Station.
Let's get more real here - who on earth is writing home about anything anymore?!?

Fact is, Bryan is developing, redeveloping, and adding to existing developments throughout town. The Booneville/6 area is developing nicely, Briarcrest walmart parking lot is getting a new Jason's Deli and Panda Express, west villa Maria is adding more housing as is the old reliance road area, and we'll see how WJB and midtown redevelopments go. All this in addition to Oakmont and everything else on University east of 6 & downtown.

Bryan is developing at its own and, lately, more rapid pace. Bryan won't be a duplicate of CS soon or likely ever in terms of development, and that's a good thing. That's why we chose Bryan to live in more than 25 years ago and why we would still choose it today. Plus, I'm 5-10 miles away from anything in CS I could possibly want.
mazag08
AG

mazag08 said:

cslifer said:

Would like to remind that I don't agree with that approach, but it is true in a lot of classrooms. I think that is important information.
I never said that I thought you agreed. But it IS apparent and has been for quite some time that our education system is highly flawed and is the reason so many "educated" people are so ignorant of how the world truly works. It's also proof that our participation trophy society exists. Hell, I was completely ignorant coming out of college. There is very little real world taught outside of business classes. College has become a joke outside of engineering and business.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Our future guberment lifetime employees there.
techno-ag
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

Miramont Country Club and surrounding development, darling of the Appraisal District, is nowhere near the CStat line.
bcstx06
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-to-change-automatic-acceptance--510354121.html
bcstx06
Have you been down FM 1179 lately?
Don't forget RELLIS is among many other developments not near the College Station boarder.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I don't think that article is accurate with the current auto admit policies
isitjustme
AG
3 things. I don't doubt the accuracy of the KBTX report. So if you're in the top 25% and make at least 1360 on SAT, you should be admitted.

2nd, non-academic factors should not be considered!! It's a top ranking research university and admittance should be based on academics and testing.

Finally, if you are below top 25% in high school, you should not get to in to TAMU. If my math is correct, 15% of admitted students are below top 25%. There are plenty of other fine universities in TX and elsewhere who would be happy to take them.

PS, not sure top 10% works anymore either. We should go top 7% like t.u.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

I don't think that article is accurate with the current auto admit policies

Quick google search showed the reported figures are accurate.

I agree with the previous poster on lowering the percentile for auto admit, but it's not that easy as the top 10% rule is state legislature.
Blacre
Things I learned after watching this:

1. The professor has done a VERY poor job at molding the next generation.
2. The students do not have a clue on what they are talking about.
3. The students and the Professor FAILED miserably.
4. The prof should be reassigned.
5. The students should have failed (hopefully).

6. These students represent the future; Lord help us...
Blacre
Ridiculous post. You obviously do not travel to Bryan (like never). Austin's Colony, Greenbriar, Austin's Estates, Oakwood, Copperfield. Oh and those two neighborhoods known as Miramont and Traditions.
veritas47
Blacre said:

Things I learned after watching this:

1. The professor has done a VERY poor job at molding the next generation.
2. The students do not have a clue on what they are talking about.
3. The students and the Professor FAILED miserably.
4. The prof should be reassigned.
5. The students should have failed (hopefully).

6. These students represent the future; Lord help us...

Looking up the syllabus for this class, the instructors were both graduate students with no apparent ranked faculty supervision. How else would someone allow a video like this to be shown in class, much less submitted for a grade?

The MiracleGRO admissions plan has done wonders for the value of Former Students' degrees. Thank you, John Sharp and Michael Young. Your leadership has been impressive (on what scale I choose not to say). There is little difference between the quality of New Army admitted students and the quality of Cougar High admitted students.

Can we get Gov. Abbott to appoint Loftin as Chancellor and Rick Perry as President? Some of you laugh, but could they do any worse?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Rick Perry is a big reason the top 10% auto admit rule exists
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.