Via Special Request- We CAN & Will make a Music Video of your A/C Install

6,335 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Because we Focus on Efficient, Hassle-Free Service & Serving Primary ONLY Homeowners!! our growing InHome Teams just don't compare to most (or any) residential HVAC companies / Installs I know of in Aggieland or the Greater Houston Area, in which we serve.

Dealing with contractors in your home can be a nightmare/ major headache. Which is why our InHome Install Teams Focus on serving homeowners. - Keeping IT Simple !

We're a fast growing Aggie Owned & Multi-Aggie 100 award winning company, we simply have built / designed an organization to take the risk, headaches, financing pains, over-all difficulty in dealing with HVAC companies etc.. out of the equation for our business serving Homeowners.

• Taking away soo many headaches HVAC business owners deal with = Excelling in our Services & has seemed to have been working for us.

We don't deal with New Home builders and really any commercial projects/ clients - we don't mess with builder grade equipment / labor/ subs/ headaches / home warranties.. all the others things that distract from an Excellent Homeowner Experience.

We simply Focus & Train & Work around the clock to be over-all 'Excellent' in our Home Services we've been know for since ~2012, and we are not looking to stop this MOMENTUM

• See, the more headaches in the HVAC biz where we say No! = The Better our Residential HVAC & Energy Reduction Services become.

Because we've been documenting EcoZapp's growth / transition / expansion over the past years now... We have an "eye in the sky" on many residential installs we do.

• Working for EcoZapp = Being on Camera = Less Call Backs / Better work etc. = More time for educational videos & Training for the HVAC Community ( Projected HVAC Tech Shortage of ~115,000 in 2022 coming!!! - if you like Hot Attics & 6 digits on your salary )

( Being on Camera also means we can't & don't hire ppl you wouldn't want in your home with a spouse is also the Idea- we've been Trusted by 1000's of Homeowners in this area now over the years for Home Services)

Soo... If you made it this far...

• For our Value Add today,I would like to offer TexAgs users a Semi-Decent ~3 mins 'Music Video' with your A/C Installation ( PLEASE request in advance when calling)

Here's a 30 sec sample we have for the Twitter & FB & Instagram & Linkedin & Google machines

https://ecozapphvac.com/

https://business.facebook.com/EcoZapphome/

P.S.
We're also still Doubling the CS Energy Rebates (CS is offering up to $800).... $800x2 = $1,600 Per New A/C

[img][/img]

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Also for the HVAC experts still harping on Arctic Blast on here, we've been documenting those for awhile now as well....

- Enjoy

The Brazos Kid
Might I suggest a cover of Mark Chesnutt's "Too Cold at Home".
newsjunkie
Wait, so you videotape inside of customers' houses? Do you get their permission first before filming-music video or not?

Seems strange to have workers videoing and why would you need to videotape your workers anyway?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
When ppl pay us sometimes $5k to $30k to install an HVAC system or systems in their home, our crews are held to a high standard during the entire process.

The HVAC industry is riddled with headaches and when workers are in your attic with another company , no one may ever check or see their work to make sure it's both 100% correct and safe. Permits are not required for most of Texas and the city doesn't check work in most cities.

Unlicensed and uninsured companies doing installs probably make up 1/3 of the overall market. The HVAC industry in Texas is vastly an unregulated industry. So.. We put a camera on ourselves and have absolutely zero to hide or corners to cut.

Attics get extremely hot and our teams are incredibly hard workers. But when a camera man pops up unannounced in the attic during an install... It's both accountability and the expectation of a higher standard on every install.

Our crews get some of their work filmed and if someone is uncomfortable with this , they don't work for us. It's a great thing that reduces headaches for us by not having sub quality installs and workmanship. EcoZapp does not like callbacks on installs and we have very few.

The eye in the sky doesn't lie, plus we get to show off what we do best and show TexAgs our work!
BCStalk
That doesn't answer the question. Do you have permission from all customers to video tape in their house?
The Brazos Kid
As a video guy myself (not associated with OP or this project), I would imagine that they would definitely ask permission of home/business owner to record. You gotta get it in writing.

The last thing you want to happen is there's a verbal agreement and the video is produced only to have the participant backtrack and want it taken down. That's a lot of time and money thrown away.
JP76
5k-30k to install a Goodman system ?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
JP76 said:

5k-30k to install a Goodman system ?
Great Question!

- some houses take multiple systems, and some people want new Air Ducts, UV lights, Reme Halos, added extra blown in insulation etc... ( we even accept all Credit cards & we'll eat those fees, some customers prefer to get a-whole lot of miles towards Vacation )

Bigger Tickets ( which are usually financed long term anyways...) mean we can often provide alot of extra value adds at slimer margins on our end for all the extras.

• Time + Hot Attics + Labor
  • Extra Reme Halos, Extra this, extra that... still equals ~as much Time and Labor ( We can get alot done in 1 day if we're efficient)

ROI- is often important to many homeowners, and the more we can pack on to kill those energy bills in our 1 day installs the better.

But we sell Goodman, Diakin, Comfortmaker, Trane, Amana, Rheem, and in general can get about everything a Residential HVAC install might need inside our wheelhouse. Goodman is just located right in the middle of our Regional Service area and employee a few thousand ppl within 100 miles of here.

• We try to match Brand with the situation and wants/ needs
oklaunion
I am not interested in piling on but one comment caught my eye:

Our crews get some of their work filmed and if someone is uncomfortable with this , they don't work for us

I have good friends in the Heating/AC business and am aware of how hard it is/has been to find and retain good technicians. How can you cull technicians in your business just because they are uncomfortable with being filmed? Seems counterproductive to me.
TXAGGIE10
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

Permits are not required for most of Texas and the city doesn't check work in most cities.

That does not sound accurate. Permits should be required for an HVAC system replacement.

Section R105.1 of the 2018 International Residential Code:

https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/IRC2018/chapter-1-scope-and-administration
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
  • Bryan/ College Station city limts - Permits
  • Most of Houston - No Permits
  • Most of Texas- Noone to Pull a Permit with

We're building a business heading toward the year 2023, when R-410 is phased out with a Flammable refringent (ultra low GWP but is flammable). Lots of changes coming..
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
oklaunion said:

I am not interested in piling on but one comment caught my eye:

Our crews get some of their work filmed and if someone is uncomfortable with this , they don't work for us

I have good friends in the Heating/AC business and am aware of how hard it is/has been to find and retain good technicians. How can you cull technicians in your business just because they are uncomfortable with being filmed? Seems counterproductive to me.

• Culture - Trying to do that Entrepreneur thing and hire the exact right ppl and put them in the right seats. It's the toughest part about starting ANY business. ( And probably the upmost important)

• Tons of Recruiting & very selective hiring

• Since we're Extremely Heavy on Residential Installs & Replacing Old with New & Efficient, our Ratio of Service Vs. Installs is Reverse most HVAC companies. Being Great at Installs Vs. Refilling R-22 for rusting systems 100's of times a week. ( We buy very little R-22 compared to single man shows)

Being filmed a little is partly related to how we document our work for Q/A already. We care and are concerned about how we look & how our work area looks at your house. Being Clean with nice Vans is just a starting point for us.

Example- We require pics of Vacuum pumps during our installs- showing your systems doesn't have any leaks. Now, a camara guy popping up every now and then- shows us how our Trucks look in your drive way... how our floor covers look.. How we put out cones.... Did we put out cones...- - Overall Having some Game film is nice as we continue to build and develop more InHome teams

Accountability in Attics stops a lot of people from wanting to work for us- Lots of Headaches get avoided for both us and the homeowners. Which is important, because homeowner Trust with large ticket items is something we have to prove from Sales thru Install thru a Decade after our Installs with our service.
TXAGGIE10

• Bryan/ College Station city limts - Permits
  • Most of Houston - No Permits
  • Most of Texas- Noone to Pull a Permit with

We're building a business heading toward the year 2023, when R-410 is phased out with a Flammable refringent (ultra low GWP but is flammable). Lots of changes coming..

Again, that's not correct.

"Most" of Houston?

Please inform me what parts of Houston do not require a permit, and what parts of Houston do require a permit.

That's not how Building codes and Permitting work inside of city limits.

Also, upon contacting the City of Houston Mechanical Inspection Dept. this morning 5/20, (832-394-8850), it was stated that permits are required within the city limits of Houston for Residential Mechanical Replacements.

As far as "Most" of Texas, you can request third party inspections with Bureau Veritas. http://www.us.bureauveritas.com/home/our-services/construction_code_compliance/services/private_organizations/third_party_plan_review_and_inspections
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Houston is a broad term- Inside the loop is usually permit zones

Cypress, Spring, The Woodlands, Katy, all the other Dozen small cities that "Houston" is composed of is Hit & Miss depending on where the home is.

All the areas without a city to pull permits with- there isn't anyone to pull a permit with.. (College Station has permits and still doesn't require new home HVAC systems / Air Ducts/ Envelope Sealing to meet some standards).

- Just poke your head inside ~50 different new homes and you can get a good % of quality in CS or Houston when it comes to HVAC installs. There are several good reasons we don't deal with new construction- it's a tough game

TXAGGIE10

College Station has permits and still doesn't require new home HVAC systems / Air Ducts/ Envelope Sealing to meet some standards).

- Just poke your head inside ~50 different new homes and you can get a good % of quality in CS or Houston when it comes to HVAC installs. There are several good reasons we don't deal with new construction- it's a tough game

Please explain both please. Just for my better understanding.

I have no skin in the game locally, or in Houston.

I'm just genuinely curious.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
  • I Graduated from A&M with a Degree focused a lot on Green Building Design. After being in 1000's of attics in Texas over the years, most HVAC systems / Air Ducts Designs / Over-all Efficiency of Homes is a long way from what IS/SHOULD BE Desired. New Construction which does get inspected starts off with leaks in air ducts, bad systems/ fast installs by ppl who don't always care, 14 seer equipment with on/off buttons Vs. Higher Efficiency... etc.. It's a bigger issue when homes turn 15-25+ years old. But it's a race to the lowest price too often..
  • Indoor Air Quality - Isn't even on the Radar yet for most
TXAGGIE10

• I Graduated from A&M with a Degree focused a lot on Green Building Design. After being in 1000's of attics in Texas over the years, most HVAC systems / Air Ducts Designs / Over-all Efficiency of Homes is a long way from what IS/SHOULD BE Desired. New Construction which does get inspected starts off with leaks in air ducts, bad systems/ fast installs by ppl who don't always care, 14 seer equipment with on/off buttons Vs. Higher Efficiency... etc.. It's a bigger issue when homes turn 15-25+ years old. But it's a race to the lowest price too often..

No new homes being built in BCS run 80% or 90% high efficiency systems?
Are new Residential build HVAC installers not doing sizing based on ACCA Manual S and ACCA Manual J?

I find it hard to believe a home builder for a 2000+ Sqft. Home would have a 14 seer system.

No builders in BCS perform duct leakage testing?

What do you calculate when you do HVAC replacements? Do you replace all duct work as well as furnace and cooler?

If the installers are meeting code requirements, as well as sizing requirements, based on your Green Building Design knowledge, what added value do you perform?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
TXAGGIE10 said:

Are new Residential build HVAC installers not doing sizing based on ACCA Manual S and ACCA Manual J?

I find it hard to believe a home builder for a 2000+ Sqft. Home would have a 14 seer system.

• "Builders" is a broad term- I would encourage all ppl looking to buy a house, to actual poke around the HVAC system and just look for these Air Leaks/ Quality of Set-up and think about how Energy Efficient the house will actually be. ( don't just believe it's energy efficient, just look at see )

• I'm sure most are sized correctly and that part isn't hard with time/ consistency from house to house. ( It's the homes that call at 6 P.M. and we need an install the next morning that need this to be correct the most. There's software/ apps to do proper heat loads fast & efficiently )

• 14 Seer is the Min Required/ Cheapest- Some defend hanging on to 15-20 year old 8-10 SEER systems. ( Seer rating drops every year X degree, every yard moving, every filter not changed etc..)

BTW- Air Leaks go both ways.. Cold Air lost to hot attic... Nasty hot attic air sucked into your living room...

What do you calculate when you do HVAC replacements? Do you replace all duct work as well as furnace and cooler?

• We can calculate Savings, ROI, Heat Leads, Energy Bills (in some areas), Financing interest rates etc.. ROI is important and accuracy as well as replacing/ redesigning duct work and old furnaces / adding extra insulation probably matters the most for the cost

If the installers are meeting code requirements, as well as sizing requirements, based on your Green Building Design knowledge, what added value do you perform?

• We're building a HVAC/ Energy Efficiency company really headed toward the year 2023. Lots of massive changes occurring in 2023 with the Flammable Refringent / HVAC industry in general.
  • Right now we're simply trying to max the ROI of our install days for homeowners. ( Equipment, New Air Duct design, Add Blown in Insulation, Air Purification and other Energy Bill Reduction* (*depending on where you live)). Adding the upgrades + choosing Higher Efficiency = Our need to make it more cost effective for the homeowner as an over-all ticket.

• We're still kinda like a Start-up again at the moment.... needing to keep several install trailers busy every day. As we grow over-all... Energy Efficiency touches a lot of items/ services in homes - expect us to try to make a buzz in other niche verticals ( example 'water heaters' are about 10 feet away from our already heavy hvac systems we carry into your attic. They also gobble up part of your energy)
TXAGGIE10

TXAGGIE10 said:

• "Builders" is a broad term- I would encourage all ppl looking to buy a house, to actual poke around the HVAC system and just look for these Air Leaks/ Quality of Set-up and think about how Energy Efficient the house will actually be. ( don't just believe it's energy efficient, just look at see )

• I'm sure most are sized correctly and that part isn't hard with time/ consistency from house to house. ( It's the homes that call at 6 P.M. and we need an install the next morning that need this to be correct the most. There's software/ apps to do proper heat loads fast & efficiently )

• 14 Seer is the Min Required/ Cheapest- Some defend hanging on to 15-20 year old 8-10 SEER systems. ( Seer rating drops every year X degree, every yard moving, every filter not changed etc..)

BTW- Air Leaks go both ways.. Cold Air lost to hot attic... Nasty hot attic air sucked into your living room...

• We can calculate Savings, ROI, Heat Leads, Energy Bills (in some areas), Financing interest rates etc.. ROI is important and accuracy as well as replacing/ redesigning duct work and old furnaces / adding extra insulation probably matters the most for the cost

• We're building a HVAC/ Energy Efficiency company really headed toward the year 2023. Lots of massive changes occurring in 2023 with the Flammable Refringent / HVAC industry in general.
  • Right now we're simply trying to max the ROI of our install days for homeowners. ( Equipment, New Air Duct design, Add Blown in Insulation, Air Purification and other Energy Bill Reduction* (*depending on where you live)). Adding the upgrades + choosing Higher Efficiency = Our need to make it more cost effective for the homeowner as an over-all ticket.

• We're still kinda like a Start-up again at the moment.... needing to keep several install trailers busy every day. As we grow over-all... Energy Efficiency touches a lot of items/ services in homes - expect us to try to make a buzz in other niche verticals ( example 'water heaters' are about 10 feet away from our already heavy hvac systems we carry into your attic. They also gobble up part of your energy)

In other words, there is nothing you do that goes above and beyond what other HVAC companies do, whether it be new construction or existing replacement. If 2023 is a big year, other companies are planning for the same. Indoor air quality is more than a Reme Halo, in my opinion.

I can appreciate you getting your name out there and pushing your brand, but honestly nothing you're telling me is more than a sales pitch. I would get the same ROI with your company as I would with anyone else. And I wouldn't have to worry about cameras in and around my home.

Thank you for your time.
(No more replies from me, beating a dead horse)
AggiePhil
AG
Lots of buzz word usage here. "ROI," "niche verticals," "touches," "value adds." Jeez.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Def running out of things to talk about this go-around.

• Truth is, Most people call us when the A/C finally dies for the last time during an Evening and then "want"/ "need it replaced a week ago". --- how well we could do this one day, is the money making part.
Tariny
Are you offering any rebates for us Bryan folks?
Broncos

Def running out of things to talk about this go-around.

• Truth is, Most people call us when the A/C finally dies for the last time during an Evening and then "want"/ "need it replaced a week ago". --- how well we could do this one day, is the money making part.

You're at 4 edits. Go ahead and make it 5. This makes no sense.
BCStalk
I'm assuming that he couldn't figure out the correct spelling for definitely.
Love Gun
Tariny said:

I highly, highly recommend you read some of the threads on here about this business before engaging in any discussion about sales with them.

Not trying to sway you with negative opinions from posters, but only asking you to read how they chose to respond to potential customers on here with their lack of professionalism.
Stupe
S
College Station is giving rebates for new systems.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
- Not saying it makes sense... I'm just saying by the time many ppl call to replace air conditioners, it's an Extremely Urgent - DO it NOW! or "Can we have this done Yesterday?"- Type of Urgency.

Some ppl plan for years before making decisions, some ppl haven't changed air filters in years and need us "now/yesterday!!".
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Love Gun said:

Tariny said:

I highly, highly recommend you read some of the threads on here about this business before engaging in any discussion about sales with them.

Not trying to sway you with negative opinions from posters, but only asking you to read how they chose to respond to potential customers on here with their lack of professionalism.

We see Old A/C Systems in Homes in Bryan the Same & Equal to all Old A/C Systems in the areas / cities we service.

emtes
AG
surprised this snake oil has drug out this long
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
emtes said:

surprised this snake oil has drug out this long
- yea, we didn't believe it either at first. - "Thought No Way!" Making Older a/c systems run better, thats gotta be impossible!!! but sure enough... colder air did happen and HAS happened now for ~3 years.
91_Aggie
AG
It's always good to be known as the company that people will only call because you are the only one not too busy to come at at the last minute.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
91_Aggie said:

It's always good to be known as the company that people will only call because you are the only one not too busy to come at at the last minute.
Yes! This is partially the idea- without Focusing all our time/ energy on 1. New Home construction 2. Commercial accounts 3. Apartment complexes/ Mgmt Companies 4. Home Warranty Claims . 5. Duct Cleaning (which we think is often bad) 6. Refilling R-22 for as long as possible etc..

We hope to just Excel in the Residential/ more retail & customer service focused for the next couple years..
- We're not the typical Contractors in the phone books, racing towards the lowest / cheapest.

But would like to be known as the company to call when the other 3 guys fail and the 15-20+ year old system is ready to go. - Since our crews are ideally not busy inside a freezer/ dealing with a rough-end on new construction/ overall really busy and waiting at supply houses for other more urgent jobs..

Commercial HVAC, New Construction, Residential- Three major differences and much of the Industry mixes & mingles. ( home warranty claims are a different animal)

• EcoZapp = Residential so we can serve homeowners exactly when needed over a larger area x2 , so yes timing and being available is ultra important. Allows for a bigger fleet just waiting...

On the Bright Side/ If needed- We could probably have your replacement A/C system done tomorrow/ maybe even today if we needed too with our InHome Team/ Install Crews. Thats why we have a fancy newer website : https://ecozapphvac.com/

Love Gun
This is hilarious. He just can't take the hint and ALWAYS has to have the last word!

Jeez!
AggieDarlin
AG
BCStalk said:

I'm assuming that he couldn't figure out the correct spelling for definitely.

Oh, you ppl

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.