Any sports card collectors here in BCS

1,722 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by war hymn aggie
rockfish725
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to see who all is out there in the hobby. Have a new business where we bust card here locally. Anyone interested??
91_Aggie
AG
Burned out with the over production of cards on the late 80s and 90s... everything was worthless.

rockfish725
AG
Completely agree. A lot different now. I recently got back into the hobby
curry97
AG
I used to be a collector in the 90s while I worked at two of the local card shops in BCS during college. Trying to get my 10 year old in to it now.
rockfish725
AG
Let me know if you want to check out our FB page. We are trying to grow the group. We do repack busts. WE will also be doing live busts. Different things to keep it fun and interesting. Group is Aggieland Card Guys.
CrazyAgE
are price guides online now? Are they free to access? Or do you still have to buy them?
MisterShipWreck
I collect a few cards, but nothing that would be sold here in this area of Texas. Philly Flyers hockey cards.
Look Out Below
AG
I collect a certain retired NBA player (not Jordan) and a few A&M related people from time to time. I graded out a lot of my stuff from when I was a kid (1980's) somewhat recently and flipped them to upgrade my collection.
AggieRebel
AG
I bought the Beckett app a few months ago to check a bunch of cards I had from the early 90s, I didn't like the interface then it auto renewed the subscription the next month and it was kind of a pain to turn auto renew off. I'm sure those that keep up with it more than once every 25 years probably know of a better way to check the value. BTW my Roger Clemens rookie card that's been in a case since I got it was the highest valued card at $15. I've got a Nolan Ryan 3000 strikeout card somewhere but I'm probably not retiring on that.

Like it was mentioned, overproduction of cards plus the ability to find cards online instead of having to go to your local card shop has really hurt their value.
war hymn aggie
AG
I've collected sports cards for many years. Bought my 1st pack of baseball cards in '71 when I was 9 & collected on & off until '94 when baseball went on it's 3rd straight strike.

ebay has received a lot of my money for the past 15-20 years, as I now only collect cards of Aggies in all 3 major sports. I have close to 20 binders full of sports cards of Aggies....80%+ of them are football cards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.