Looking for realtor

5,914 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JMac03
navymom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello Ags,

My husband and I are looking for a new relator to sell our home. We have had it listed for 3 years and it has hardly shown (no showings in the past 7 or 8 months). Common sense would be to further drop the price significantly, but its listing price is right on with multiple appraisals and tax assessments over the years (especially when adjusted for inflation and market growth in the area). Multiple people have strongly urged us to change realtors but we have faithfully stuck by this one, even when they failed to follow through promised phone calls, unanswered emails/texts, etc.

We understand the many factors of why a listed house doesn't generate interest/sell and we will take the primary responsibility, but after many comments of "it's the realtor, not the price", we figured after 3 years we ought to go ahead and try someone else. We'd prefer the seasoned kind, but at this point we are even open to an up and coming realtor. It's unfortunately a very high-end home (we know that they take a long time in inventory) in a really nice location/neighborhood.

Would anyone please recommend a realtor that has a good reputation?

Thank you so much and I'm sorry we are being cryptic about the realtor (really nice person and we have brought up a few times that we feel like we aren't being a priority, but at this point we are certain they are over their head in other interests and aren't motivated in selling the house) and us (for obvious reasons). I know this forum can be brutal at times and we accept the negative comments but it is worth it if we can find a new realtor who can sell our home.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
We had a great experience with Sandy Hazlewood with Keller Williams
happyinBCS
Jill Jones Re/Max 20/20
Fleen
Terrance Murphy at TM5
ag009
AG
Katie Stephens with Walsh and Mangan
Ashley Ralph with HoM
Jenn Bacak with Greenprint.

All honest and dedicated to their work.
trouble
AG
Samantha Markey did a great job for us.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Only two reasons a property (or anything else) doesn't sell

1. Priced wrong
2. Not enough exposure. Not enough distribution
Firefighter7
I had a very positive experience with Jill Jones.
mnuge
AG
I'm biased, but Dara Nugent.

Works for TM5 and sells every range of house.

Has had 5 closings in last 10 days, with houses ranging from $160,000 to over $800,000.

I would get a few names and interview them to see who you click with.
aggielifer79
AG
Megan Bock with Walsh and Mangan.
backinbcs
John Hawkinson, with HOM Realty.

Class of 04.

Works hard, honest, ethical. Can't ask for more than that.

Give him a shot.
navymom
Exactly. We and some others suggest #2 is our problem.
Personally, I would not be very interested in a house listed on the MLS for over a year. I'd assume that there was something wrong with the house if it was listed for that long. Maybe this house is really unique and demands a specific buyer? I'd say that navymom was being extraordinarily patient to go for 3 whole years without a change in realtor. Time for a change in that department at the very least.
Ajollyag
Jen Zweiacker. Had our house under contract at asking price after 3 days listed.
cs69ag
AG
The combo of three things have to be right to sell

condition

in today's market, there is plenty of exposure opportunities....all the marketing in the world is wasted if the 3 key
reasons are not right. If the location is ok, then one or both of the other two is the problem. At some price the house will sell taking into account the condition. To sell, the house will need to be either the best or second best value in it's class.....size, amenities, features, extras, condition and price.
WheelinAg
AG
Now I'm curious to how much and where this house is located!
75AG
AG
Lance Lester sold our house in day 1 and for well over asking price.

Todd Turner at TM5 sits in front of us at Aggie Baseball, so he must a good guy too.
The Brazos Kid
Sam Smith at Liveincollegestation.com is one of those "up and comers".

He uses some solid marketing tools and they're all in house versus a Realtor farming out video, photography, drone, virtual tours etc.

IWannaGoFast1
AG
Lisa Shaw with Century 21.
Jayjay4268
AG
I would pick Jen Zweiacker again and again a million times over!
ontheedge
Cindy Morris
Look Out Below
AG
Unfortunately there are a lot of very high end homes on the market here and not a lot of folks with the means to purchase them. I would suggest only dealing with realtors that specialize, and have connections to, that kind of clientele.
fcag
AG
Wendy Flynn at Keller Williams is awesome.
Bunk Moreland
Look Out Below said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of very high end homes on the market here and not a lot of folks with the means to purchase them. I would suggest only dealing with realtors that specialize, and have connections to, that kind of clientele.

This. We're still in a market where if you're going to spend those dollars, you have a plethora of lots and land to build your own version of a dream home instead of someone else's.
HowdyAg99
AG
Dara Nugent with TM5

We have purchased 2 homes with her, permanent residence and a rental investment.

She's fantastic!
VetSurg
AG
Anyone at Walsh & Mangan.
gus1390
AG
Jen Zweiacker
jammer262
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

We had a great experience with Sandy Hazlewood with Keller Williams

I'll second Sandy. She sold my house and did a great job.
Wotto
AG
Genni Murphy at Miles of Grace Realty is amazing.
rcannaday
AG
Jen Zweiacker. Jen and her team are top notch.
jja79
AG
Two weeks ago I went on the Parade of Homes and along the way stopped at some resale open houses. I was surprised how long some of these higher end homes have been on the market and also how open the agents were about this being a buyer's market in the top price ranges.
Look Out Below
AG
I'd be curious for any tips. I'm in the market for an upgrade, though not on the high, high end.
justalocal
Carla Henderson is our realtor. We've bought and sold twice and then had another property she sold for our family.

My in-laws had a similar experience, high end home (it's been featured in InSite magazine), they went thru 3 realtors and it took over a year to sell, and they reduced significantly to sell it. They felt like some of the showings were staged. It basically came down to the reduced number of buyers in their price point, and those buyers that could afford the home were particular in what they wanted.
motherrunnersBCS
So what price point in this town is considered "high end"? For future reference.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

So what price point in this town is considered "high end"? For future reference.

F2F, about $500

On this forum, > $1mil (plus the dirt)
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.