Flooding or Rains for Graduation?

1,878 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxSquarebody
OKG2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Driving in from Houston for graduation this evening - I've checked the weather, but unclear on how things are currently in CS and the roads from Houston...any perspectives from those on the ground would be very helpful as we decide if we should make the drive with the kids or not.

Thanks and Gig'em!
montegobay
The roads here in CS are fine.
OKG2000
AG
Thank you!

Anyone drive in from Houston already?
Builder93
AG
While you are here be sure to make a right turn from the left lane at the last second. We wouldn't want to mistake you for a townie.
histag10
AG
I'd also like to request that you briefly stop at a stop sign and then pull into oncoming traffic, before realizing it wasn't a 4 way stop... bonus points if you then honk and flip everyone off yelling at them for running the non-existent stop sign.

Also, it's great if you turn left onto Texas from Harvey from the inside left lane, and then immediately cut right across traffic to pull into HEB. We love that.
OKG2000
AG
you got it...seems like things havent changed much since football season ;-)
02skiag
AG
I can't speak for the way out of Houston, but CS doesn't flood. You may get 2 roads on the outskirts of town, next to a creek, but that's it.
histag10
AG
OKG2000 said:

you got it...seems like things havent changed much since football season ;-)

Parts of Texas are under construction. Things havent changed much since the early-mid 2000s
redd38
AG
02skiag said:

I can't speak for the way out of Houston, but CS doesn't flood. You may get 2 roads on the outskirts of town, next to a creek, but that's it.

Whaaaat? There's lots of roads that flood.
histag10
AG
redd38 said:

02skiag said:

Whaaaat? There's lots of roads that flood.

Yeah, i drove through maybe 6" near Thomas park the other day. Maybe he meant the major roads. They rarely, if ever, flood

Oogway
If it is raining buckets, Wellborn (FM 2154) can pool water near the curbing in some sections so if one uses that road after exiting Reed arena, then just stay in the middle lanes and you're fine. It recedes fairly quickly when the rain lessens.
02skiag
AG
Meh, never seen or heard of anyone dealing with flooded roads here in 20 years. I'm sure there's a couple tiny spots here and there, but this ain't Houston.
TxSquarebody
Just drive to IAH tonight from CS. Everything is fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.