Scrap metal pickup?

1,716 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TLIAC
JavierC2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know who picks up scrap metal? I have a garage fridge that I need to get rid of. Still works if anyone wants it. Sitting on y curb right now!
TLIAC
AG
It's going to get tagged by the city if it doesn't have the freon removed and bulk won't pick it up. We have a guy that roams our neighborhood the day before bulk pick up getting everything he can and putting it on a trailer. Maybe you will get lucky and he will find you before the city does.
JavierC2005
I live just outside the city limits in a neighborhood. Send your guy over!
ShaggySLC
JavierC2005 said:

I live just outside the city limits in a neighborhood. Send your guy over!
He's not exactly anyone's guy, he just drives around picking up all the medal he can to make some money. There is several I've seen around, and when you do you'll understand.
techno-ag
AG
Best option is to donate it to a church or community garage sale. Sometimes they'll send people out in a truck to grab something for you. We've had good luck donating to First Baptist Bryan Church Garage Sale which is always the week after school lets out. They've taken refrigerators, old bikes and broken riding mowers, furniture and other junk. Goes to a good cause and saves it from the landfill/junkyard. There are several such sales through the year. First Baptist always happens at the same time so it's easy to remember.
Muzzleblast
Haul it to Twin Oaks if you want to dispose of it. $10.80 fee and drop it off.
joho
Man, where we are in CS those guys in old pickups patrol the neighborhoods on what seems like a constant basis nowadays. It used to be the day or so before bulk pickup day. But now anything metallic (or heck even slightly conductive) near a curb never sits there more than 24 hours. You have to remind kids not to leave scooters or soccer nets out there in the evening, or buh-bye.
Tailgate88
AG
Post it on Craiglist Free Stuff board with the title "Free metal" and it will be gone the same day.
JavierC2005
It was actually gone this morning by the time I left for work. They didn't waste anytime!
TLIAC
AG
JavierC2005 said:

It was actually gone this morning by the time I left for work. They didn't waste anytime!
This doesn't surprise me at all. Glad it worked out!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.