Internet options

1,904 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 1.618
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there any options other than Suddenlink in the area (near campus)? I'm pretty much over sudden link after spending 30 minutes on the phone with a moron who could not answer my question, refused to let me speak to his supervisor, and just kept saying my package is what it is (despite it being several years old and I know they offer better deals).
95_Aggie
AG
not really
histag10
bobinator
AG
Their online chat feature is a lot easier to use, and you can prove they said what they said.
histag10
AG
bobinator said:

Their online chat feature is a lot easier to use, and you can prove they said what they said.

They record the phone calls, and I've had success in the past with having them review them (if you can get someone to transfer you to the escalation department). It's how I get free Starz & netflix (and yet I still somehow pay $260/month for internet and cable.

I'm considering keeping them for internet if I have to, and switching to Dish or DirecTV with a 2 year price lock. It comes out roughly $50-75 cheaper overall a month (taxes & fees included).
bobinator
AG
We use YouTubeTV so I only have cable with suddenlink but I never considered asking them to review the tapes, haha
histag10
AG
Well the response i got on that call that led to it was "i dont really feel like helping anyone today" and she hung up.
Scruffy
AG
I had Verizon DSL, which changed to I forget the company name now.
I had the 7mb package (on Northgate so I was close to the switching station).
Never had issues streaming.

Currently have RCN in Chicago on their 25mb package, still no issues streaming.
I think Jim with Brazos WiFi has posted some of their speeds and findings, but I think for most common use 5-25mb is enough for family use.

You might want to check out DSL.
BrazosWifi
In town, cable is usually the best.
We can help those out in the countryside.

I hope that in the near future we can do some good for those in the city.

Jim
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
histag10
AG
They will not budge on $275/month for existing customers. Will likely keep internet for $80 taxes and fees included and switch to dish or directv for about $120/month (with taxes and fees) with a 2 year price lock
UmustBKidding
You can check with wirestar, he might be able to cover you from the post oak co if you live in the SE part of the histirical district. Otherwise you are likely limited to legacy dsl at 7mb or Suddenlink.
I suspect Suddenlink internet plus YouTube TV or direct now would be your best option.
Agreed that Suddenstink won't budge much on price but if you turn off your service, they will spend tons of money trying to get you back. I literally got 2 or more mailings 4 days a week from them for at least the first 6 months after disconnection of cable tv. (We went with over the air antennae) They also sent salesmen in person about once per month to tell us about the great bundling deals that they had. I kid you not. We were customers for 20 years (long before they were SL) and they could have cared less about losing our business -- until they did. I got tired of fighting them every couple of months when they raised prices on me and I have not looked back. Now, they only send me something once a week or so. At least it gives the mailman something to deliver.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.