What happened to Nightingale Pest Solutions?

7,493 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Fleen
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what happened to Nightingale Pest Solutions? We loved Jennifer when she was with Venus and then kept using her when she started her own company. Best I can tell, she just up and closed. Anyone know why?
CS78
Seemed to me there was a struggle on the business management end of things. I know there were invoices I never got, jobs that never got finished, and finally it got to where I couldn't reach her at all.
herb11
AG
Same. We loved when she came out, but it was impossible to get us on a rotation. I always had to call to get scheduled every three months. We also had to call and remind them to send us an invoice. And when we did get scheduled, she would be running way behind or reschedule. So we quit calling.
AggiePhil
AG
My experiences coincide with the above posters but I thought maybe I was the exception. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for her. I really enjoyed her services.
Counterpoint
AG
She MUST have been really great if everyone loved her even though all the problems listed above kept happening.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Counterpoint said:

She MUST have been really great if everyone loved her even though all the problems listed above kept happening.
Very True & a gem in home services to find that quality
K2T2
Last I heard, she was going through some health stuff that could take her out of the field for weeks to months.
91_Aggie
AG
So good customer service =
"Does a great job when actually can be scheduled, but can never get ahold of them to schedule or to return calls or when scheduled wouldn't show up on time"

This is actually terrible customer service. That's not a gem.

She may be a great person, but sounds like doesn't know how to run a business.

Max06
AG
I also recall seeing something about a long term/serious illness.
JenniferLynn
Edit to include my personal info for any and all that wish to contact me:

JenniferVaclavik@gmail.com
361-401-9227

Good morning, all.

My apologies for not adequately informing everyone of business operations going forward. Below, I will provide the information that was posted to Nightingale's Facebook Page in November of 2018, sent to clients on standard rotation, and expressed on the business voicemail which has been disconnected as of April.

Updated information has also been posted on Nextdoor, Facebook, and other neighborhood forums/groups by others if I did not have access or the ability to respond myself.

I would like to provide an update here to explain what has become of Nightingale as well as what is next for me going forward.

In 2017, I became engaged and my family life began: new wife to be and two amazing kids ages 7 and 5. An anonymous poster on TexAgs informed many of my clients of my personal affairs -- and, to my surprise, I did receive quite a bit of negative feedback even as I attempted to keep my private life private. However, I was undeterred as ever and pushed ahead with plans to expand Nightingale as well as my household.

I knew I had to make sure that I was in the best health possible to make all of this happen. As we planned our family, I discovered I had a serious medical issue that needed to be addressed, and unfortunately I am continuing that battle today. Though I am hopeful for better results and good news in the coming months.

After over a decade in the industry carefully choosing products, using PPE, and practicing IPM methods, there were just some exposures that I could not control -- unknown substances under old houses, dust blown into attics, tracking through miscellaneous lawn treatments applied by homeowners and others, etc. -- and those are risk factors and conditions that I can no longer accept in my journey to wellness and that my family cannot abide.

I know many people have been disappointed by these developments, and I appreciate all of you so much. I love this community more than I can tell you. When I moved here 13 years ago, I thought it was only going to be for a couple of years at the most. Aggieland has become my home and my family's home. And I intend on staying for as long as possible.

It has been extremely difficult, realizing that such a significant chapter of my life is permanently closed to me. I loved my work. But I am looking forward to tomorrow. We are in the process of remodeling the home that our children will grow up in, and I am looking forward to getting back to working in some exciting new endeavor. I know that in the next few months, I will be well enough and able to find another way to serve others and my community to the best of my ability. I would be quite grateful for any and all referrals on that count, by the way. I am highly adaptable and will not back down from any challenge.

For now, I just want to say thank you. Thank you all for the faith you have in me, for the blessings you have given me, and for all the great days ahead of us.

Jennifer

------------

Friends,

I address this post as such because that is how I truly feel about this great community and our wonderful clients. All who I have had the privilege to serve within the context of my profession are among the best people I have ever come into contact with, and I cannot say how much you all mean to me. Therefore, I must let you know that I am taking leave to address a serious medical issue that I can no longer manage without aggressive action.

At the time I started my career in pest control over a decade ago, it was 1 of 3 other jobs -- jobs that I took on immediately upon moving to Aggieland in 2007 to take care of and provide for my mother who was stricken with Alzheimer's. Of those jobs, pest control seemed to be the most removed from what I had planned for myself as I set off for university just a couple of years prior. My dream was to grow a career in Pharmaceutical Research and Development -- to use my skills to aide in preserving, protecting, and enhancing life. When I chose to put that dream on hold, I had no idea that I would find the same sense of drive and purpose in an industry that, on the surface, seems to be on the other end of that spectrum entirely. However, that is indeed what I found, and I have worked every day within my industry with the same sense of care and duty to preserve, protect, and enhance the lives of my clients.

These last few years have been the most exciting years of my life. Not only did my business and reach grow beyond my expectations, but so did my family. This past year, I married the love of my life and have been taking a crash course in motherhood courtesy of the two greatest kids in the world. My purpose in life and Nightingale's purpose as an example of what is achievable expanded exponentially.

Despite many accomplishments and overcoming challenges along the way, taking care of myself before others is something I have yet to master -- but now I have no choice. Over the next weeks, my health will be my primary focus so I may continue to do what I love to my fullest capabilities and be around for those I love for as long as possible.

Those I have already spoken to in recent days regarding my leave have been unbelievably supportive and encouraging and have given me an unshakable sense of calm and determination to push through this difficult time. Please look to this page for updates. After my recovery, I hope to bring Nightingale back stronger than ever in January.

Thank you all so much for allowing me the privilege of taking care of your homes, businesses, and families throughout the years. You all mean more to me than I could ever express.

Jennifer
double b
AG
I remember the thread that discussed your personal life on the boards and felt that was demonstrably wrong. Not sure why anyone believes that a private citizen's life (that's not a public figure) should have their own personal business put out there for anyone to read.

God bless your family and that your health issues are resolved.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Quote:

An anonymous poster on TexAgs informed many of my clients of my personal affairs

It would be fascinating to know who this was, and if they would like their personal lives exposed for no good reason. What a hero.
Oogway
My spouse often says if people on message boards, etc were required to post their verified full name and city that a lot of the internet (at least locally) would become slightly more civil.

Sorry to learn of your health issues, Jennifer; we wish you the best with your family.
mtec
When I was certain I had bedbugs and was nearing the limits of a reasonable mental state, Jennifer came out for a FREE assessment to look and see if she could find any evidence of bugs. She was really troubled that something was biting me but she couldn't tell what. Turned out I did not have bed bugs and I really appreciated her concern and thoroughness. She didn't charge me a dime just to check.

Jennifer, I'm happy you have your wonderful family as a support system through your medical issues. Best wishes!
Fleen
Great exterminator, better person. (Picking up that Mama thing pretty awesomely too!)
musicforall
Wow, sorry to read all of this. Calling Nightingale was on my list of things to do this month. Best customer service I had ever seen in town for any in-home service. And her methods worked. Not sure what I will do now, but I wish Jennifer all the best!
woodiewood1
Oogway said:

My spouse often says if people on message boards, etc were required to post their verified full name and city that a lot of the internet (at least locally) would become slightly more civil.

Sorry to learn of your health issues, Jennifer; we wish you the best with your family.
I try to post on boards and talk to people like I would if my mother and grandmother where were able to read or listen to it in front of me.

O.G.
With Jennifer out of commission, and if you are looking for a knowledgeable local pest control guy may I recommend Josh Sparks at Silk Venom Pest Solutions. He's local and wont try to used car sell you into contracts etc.

Whatever you do, please please please don't sign with one of the national companies. The sales calls, mailouts etc are endless.

979 255-7940

rcannaday
AG
Jennifer was one of the best in Brazos valley amongst all the professionals.

Rory
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
rcannaday said:

Jennifer was one of the best in Brazos valley amongst all the professionals.

Rory

TheOC16
AG
mtec said:

When I was certain I had bedbugs and was nearing the limits of a reasonable mental state, Jennifer came out for a FREE assessment to look and see if she could find any evidence of bugs. She was really troubled that something was biting me but she couldn't tell what. Turned out I did not have bed bugs and I really appreciated her concern and thoroughness. She didn't charge me a dime just to check.

Jennifer, I'm happy you have your wonderful family as a support system through your medical issues. Best wishes!

What did you wind up having if you don't mind my asking? Or feel free to pm.

My girlfriend and her mom (medical field) are trying to assure me it's not bedbugs, but like you I'm having a mental breakdown in fear that it is.

A few years ago I thought I had bed bugs. Had a pest control person come out and do a thorough inspection. He didn't find any bed bugs but he ASSURED me they were there. He could tell from looking at my bites.

Well my bites turned out to be shingles (thank goodness), but that experience has me wary of trusting pest control people. Are there any bed bug exterminator recommendations now that Jennifer is gone? I'm having another scare.
mtec
Bedbugs are a literal nightmare. I had them prior to Jennifer's inspection (different year, different location) which probably made me paranoid but better to call early than late! It's worth having a pest control company come confirm. They should be able to provide documented evidence. When I had legitimate bed bugs, there was evidence they could point to... Strip down the bed and inspect every nook and cranny. For peace of mind, sprinkle Diatomaceous Earth (DE), if you wish. It's non-toxic but breaks down their exoskeleton, or something along those lines... I'm not a scientist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. There's plenty of helpful info about DE online.

I also had shingles. I cannot remember this exact time frame what it turned out to be. It could have been shingles at that time. Scabies is also a thing. I've known others who have had scabies. All of that can quickly affect your mental state, so I'm glad you have some medical professionals in your corner. I hope you get some relief.
AggiePhil
AG
Still miss Jennifer. Her truck still has the company name on the side, though the business is no more.
Kidwrangler
If you plan to use diatomaceous earth for pest control, be absolutely certain to buy FOOD GRADE or GARDEN GRADE DE. Do not use POOL GRADE, which has been treated and is used for pools, aquariums, filtering, etc. Often, people will go to a pet store intending to buy DE as a flea treatment. It's very likely that they end up with the wrong and dangerous to breathe DE. Food grade can be found online or in garden centers.
JenniferLynn
TheOC16 said:

A few years ago I thought I had bed bugs. Had a pest control person come out and do a thorough inspection. He didn't find any bed bugs but he ASSURED me they were there. He could tell from looking at my bites.

Well my bites turned out to be shingles (thank goodness), but that experience has me wary of trusting pest control people. Are there any bed bug exterminator recommendations now that Jennifer is gone? I'm having another scare.

Howdy! Sorry to hear you had that experience. The industry has a well-earned bad reputation, in general, because of operators like that.

Fortunately, Brazos Valley has quite a few excellent technicians out and about. A good thing to remember is that *everything* pest control professionals are licensed to "treat" can be seen with the naked eye and always leaves concrete physical evidence that an experience technician can find and should take the time to show you.

I'd advise anyone to run far from any operator that proposes a treatment based on bites/marks alone as reactions can very drastically from person to person.

I signed a non-compete a couple years back (expires next year), so I'll refrain from making any public reccomendations for now. Though I'd be more than happy to give you some neighborly advice. Feel free to text anytime: 361.401.9227

Goodluck!
JenniferLynn
AggiePhil said:

Still miss Jennifer. Her truck still has the company name on the side, though the business is no more.

Aw, Phil..

I started to take my logo off old Shelby, but just never could bring myself to do it. Really loved my time as an operator and would consider starting back up if the stars aligned.

Now that the kiddos are older, everyone is healthy, and the wife and I weathered all the backlash from getting married (while scary and dissappointing at the time, it all seems silly now) ...it's something to think about.

I lived here for 15 years and spent more than a decade providing pest, termite and wildlife exclusion services to the good folks of Aggieland - and I have nothing but gratitude and respect for everyone who gave me the opportunity to run a good route for as long as I did, even for those who chose to go another way due to religious convictions. Growing up in a traditional family, in Church, and attending Catholic school from pre-K through college - I definitely understand them more than I think they know, and we probably have just as much in common as they thought we did before the outting.

I miss the route, the work, and my clients most of all! The home services industry has this unique quality of forging lasting connections, built on trust and often evolving into friendship. My experience as an operator will always be one of the best chapters of my life.

Hope everyone has a safe and lovely Christmas season. Maybe TexAgs will see a new sponsor in 2024! lol

Fleen
Jennifer! So glad to "see" you back! Please hug those kiddos for me and tell them Mr Fleener misses them!
Look me up on FB!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.