Rotator Cuff Surgery

3,087 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually its "just" bone spurs but requires same kind of surgeon.

Is there a really good one in BCS you would trust or should I be looking for a trip to Houston?

montegobay
I had a bone spur in my shoulder done by Dr. O'Shea at S & W. Easy peazy. I never even needed any pain meds. His bedside manner isn't terrific, but he is a wonderful surgeon. He also did my knee surgery a few years back. Great since then.
curry97
AG
J P Bramhall
Morpholino
AG
Colton Leudke did my shoulder. Highly recommend.
iisanaggie
AG
Any of the shoulder docs at Central Texas Sports Medicine will do a great job!
Max06
AG
+1 for central texas sports Medicine
snaglepuss
Veazy
histag10
AG
Dr. O'Shea did my knee years ago. Bedside manner is lacking, but he's a great surgeon and I havent had any issues since my surgery (10 years ago I think?)

I'd honestly prefer a great surgeon with lacking people skills than a smooth talker who may butcher me..
Bucketrunner
Dr. Brian Seabolt did mine. Great doctor and good results. He's in the Bramhill.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I'm gonna send my MRI stuff to O'Shea

I'll post you on results
Ag Mom 91
S
You will be very happy with Dr. O'Shea. He has repaired two rotator cuffs of mine (last one this past Jan.), and last one had a bone spur. He also replaced a hip, and he will replace a knee on my hubby next month. True...not a very chatty doc, but is a skilled technician.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Thx. I submitted the online portal

Joe Schillaci 48
AG
How's your curve ball?

Asking for RC
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Tailgate88
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Dr. Brian Seabolt did mine. Great doctor and good results. He's in the Bramhill.

+1 Seabolt did my hip replacement and I could not be happier with him or the results.
SchnauzerMom
O'Shea did my ACL surgery around 2001. I was a kid and didn't know much about recovery, etc. I thought that man was the biggest jerk ever when he made the nurse stop halfway down the hall with the wheelchair, told me to get up and use my crutches to walk the rest of the way to the car. He had me in PT the next day. Now that I am older, and more knowledgeable, so glad he did that. I've had zero issues with my knee since and highly recommend him based off of my experience and the experience others have told me about.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Long story......... because of my dual residency I had to start elsewhere but that evolved to a surgery referral to Bramhall

Surgery Coming up later in June. Partial tear and a small spur plus maybe a cut and reattachment of the bicep tendon.

Looks like 65-90 days of NO FUN
mwm
DO THE REHAB. You'll stand a lot better chance of full recovery.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
mwm said:

DO THE REHAB. You'll stand a lot better chance of full recovery.

Yes. I had lower back surgery in the 90s and was fortunate to get the "right" surgeon and the "right" rehab outfit (actually owned and operated by Troy Aikmans cousin)

Learned value of following orders
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.