Swim Instructors In College Station

5,656 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TXCityGirl
JR Ewing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its getting to be that time of year where we are looking for swim lessons, so I'll start the thread and see what instructors might be available. Looking to teach a couple kids in a private pool. Prefer A&M swim team members or someone with teaching experience who can provide references. Please include rates and email for contact.
Average Joe
AG
I'm looking as well. Have a 2 and 4 year old that absolutely love the water.
Oogway
I no longer have a specific name I can give you, but another resource is the Aggie Swim club and/or the Bryan/CS parks as some of their instructors provide private lessons or sometimes they know private instructors who have their Water Safety Instructor's certification.

Usually a few posters have names of folks, but the person I knew graduated.

FWIW, we did various lessons through the CS parks and Tsunamis and our kiddos enjoyed it immensely, especially the summer swim team-we kept it low key and they became confident capable swimmers with knowledge about how to be safe in and around water. We also did a summer with private instruction when the classes weren't going to work out.

Best of luck to you and have a great summer in the water!

KidDoc
AG
Tagging thread because I need some local resources to send patients for lessons. I've had to way too many patients die from drowning over the decades so this is one of my pet peeves for 5-9 year olds.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
My 3 kids all learned to swim through the city of College Station Learn to Swim program. Two of them are now WSI's. My youngest isn't old enough to teach but was on the Tsunami swim team for a couple of years.

If you aren't looking for private lessons, then the Parks and Rec summer swim lessons will be a great option for you.
jrhmc
AG
Rebecca Sellers is fantastic. I'm not sure if she'll have any availability left but she's the best.

https://www.facebook.com/RebeccasSwimAcademy/
TXCityGirl
Rebecca Sellers or the TruFit on Villa Maria & Longmire offer lessons
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.