Buy football cards

2,023 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiepaintrain
MrsGDub04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids have recently really gotten into collecting football cards. Is there anywhere in town that sells packs of football cards?
91_Aggie
AG
Have you tried Wal-mart or Target?
They both have a section of cards for Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and magic... I think there are probably sports cards in those same locations.

In target, that section is usually up front on on the opposite side of the checkout lane that is farthest from the main entrance.

In wal-mart I think they are usually in the middle of all the cash registers.

rptsAg03
At a Target they have moved collector cards to a back wall behind the dvd's/book department. They have downsized their football selection. A lot of times I just order boxes on Amazon! Also try dollar tree in the fall when panini puts out their annual sticker book and sticker packs- those are fun!
Geralt of Rivia
S
These days, WalMart and Target are probably the only places in town. You could try and search for card shows to see if there is anything local in the near future

I was a huge baseball/football/basketball card collector as a kid, and remember Extra Innings and Grand Slam on Villa Maria. It's been over 20 years since both of them closed, though
Love Gun
Geralt of Rivia said:

These days, WalMart and Target are probably the only places in town. You could try and search for card shows to see if there is anything local in the near future

I was a huge baseball/football/basketball card collector as a kid, and remember Extra Innings and Grand Slam on Villa Maria. It's been over 20 years since both of them closed, though

Yep. Baseball and football cards were the bees knees 25 years ago. I remember those stores and all the card shows that came to hotels around town.

Everything kind of just dropped off around 20 years ago and collecting hasn't been the same since. I'm guessing the market got saturated with card manufacturers.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Do not buy sports card packs at Walmart or Target unless they are in sealed box. There is a 99% chance the packs have already been "searched" and your chances of getting any of the inserts are greatly reduced.
Psychag
AG
Everyone nailed it with Target and Walmart. Internet killed the collector stores you could find in any town to look at sports memorialbilia and leisurely kill time talking about sports collecting. Look out for Sports Collector's Shows in the bigger cities. I know tristar does 2 a year, usually around January and June.
war hymn aggie
AG

I have collected cards of Aggie players for many years & would be glad to help them with their collection if they collect Aggies from the 90's-now.

frito bandito
Lytles Comics used to carry all sorts of cards at previous locations; you might check them out at their new location in the strip center on Brothers.
aggiepaintrain
AG
amazon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.