60 at 2818- WTF?

14,564 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CS78
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
F&B is completed
Stupe
S
This board is hilarious.

TexAgs: "Why is this taking so long???? This is ridiculous!!!!!"

TxDot: We are going to shut this down and time it after graduation when there are less people in town in order to speed up the completion process.

TexAgs: "Why are they shutting this down instead of just diverting traffic?!?!?!?!?!? This is ridiculous!!!!"

merc
AG
It is honestly just the way the internet works 99% of the time.
Rexter
Be glad you aren't in the TTI or whatever building there. To go north on 2818, they are going to have to hang a right, go to Bush, hang a right, go to the airport, u-turn, back to 2818, then hang a left.
AgFan1999
AG
Stupe,

I'm gonna say they don't make the 23rd deadline - I'm gonna say May 27 (I understand why they're shutting it down - traffic is gonna be a cluster though)
GSS
AgFan1999 said:

Stupe,

I'm gonna say they don't make the 23rd deadline - I'm gonna say May 27 (I understand why they're shutting it down - traffic is gonna be a cluster though)
I first read that as "the 23rd deadline"...as in the 23rd projected completion date

Regular users have seen several times that a week+ has gone by, without a piece of machinery in motion, or another 1000 bricks still waiting to be laid...and NOT during a bad weather time. The defenders can try and "justify" the protracted completion (well over two years)..I ain't buying it.
drivinwest
AG
TTI is all out at RELLIS now, thankfully.
AgFan1999
AG
It looked like it was open today. No electronic signs indicating closure - just the "DRIVE SAFELY" ones on 60 and the one right as you get to the point where it goes down to one lane (and it had the same message as the last few months.)
tfunk02
AG
It was open this AM, but it looked like they were preparing to shut it down. A lot of new big equipment and some police vehicles.
Stupe
S
What protracted deadline?

The target completion from the start of the project was this summer.

For the record, I have no ties to the project at all.
tfunk02
AG
It's shut down now.
b0ridi
To get to White Creek Rd, can I go

west on F&B
south on Turkey Creek
west on FM 60 feeder road?

The picture makes it look like that part of the feeder road is not closed.
TexasAggie_02
AG
tfunk02 said:

It's shut down now.

NE ramp is still open, so it's still possible to exit onto 2818 northbound from university /Raymond Stotzer
AgFan1999
AG
I'm guessing Turkey Creek to F&B to Agronomy would be the best way to get back to University.
GSS
An oopsie by TX DoT or Knife River---about 2:15 I came southbound down 47 (heading for Snook), and rather than take Jones Rd, decided to see how the closure was handled.

Signs saying FM60 closed ahead, check

Sign and barricades for "all traffic must exit" at the HSC exit, check

Anything AT the HSC Parkway (or whatever it's called), to tell traffic to use this road, you know, turn here!!! Nope!

So I followed two cars in front of me as they dutifully went down the lane still open...the one that allows a right turn onto FM60 West...surely they must be allowing left turns?? Nope!

Extra cones and barricades to reinforce "no left turns"....so both vehicles went right (west) briefly, then made a U-turn back onto eastbound FM60. I suppose then they possibly found their way onto Turkey Creek/F&B? Maybe they are still driving around in circles?

Edited to add: I contacted TX DoT, and they were very grateful to be made aware of the situation.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
saltydog13
AG
Someone's gonna get killed right there doing a u turn to go back east. I saw 2 people come to a stop in the left westbound lane of 60 to mak a u turn instead of getting into the turn lane
milner79
AgFan1999 said:

I'm guessing Turkey Creek to F&B to Agronomy would be the best way to get back to University.

Turkey Creek to F&B to 2818 will make you lose your religion these days.
GSS
milner79 said:

AgFan1999 said:

Turkey Creek to F&B to 2818 will make you lose your religion these days.

Manual control of the traffic lights during peak times would be greatly appreciated. Certainly expedites traffic at Bush/2818, during fire school.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
AgFan1999
AG
I just decided to leave the house 20 minutes earlier - Turkey Creek to F&B to Agronomy was OK inbound at 7-7:15. Outbound yesterday took 4 light cycles to get across 2818.
75AG
AG
I cannot believe they are not manually controlling this intersection. But they can sit in their cars at the blocked ramps.
Oogway
saltydog13 said:

Someone's gonna get killed right there doing a u turn to go back east. I saw 2 people come to a stop in the left westbound lane of 60 to mak a u turn instead of getting into the turn lane
One of the difficulties with U turns that I've observed is that even if the turning driver thinks it is clear, they often fail to consider that the traffic cones and barricades make it difficult for others to see them. That was the most recent near collision I saw in that area but fortunately, the other driver hit the brakes and avoided them.
91_Aggie
AG
saltydog13 said:

you can say that for any intersection.
Heck look at university and texas for people turn right on to Texas From University on Campus side.... they have an entire lane of their own, and people still stop "to yield" even though they don't need to.

Can't fix stupid.
75AG
AG
Is there a sign, except for the student with HIS sign, that indicates you have a free lane?
saltydog13
AG
While true, this is a road where people are going 65-75mph in the spot where people are pulling u turns
CS78
So what's the story on the temporarily permanent redlights?
saltydog13
AG
Are they flashing again? I've gone through a couple times where they're just flashing red. Common sense and the correct thing to do is treat it as a stop sign. The drivers I witnessed had a hard time comprehending that one.
CS78
saltydog13 said:

Are they flashing again? I've gone through a couple times where they're just flashing red. Common sense and the correct thing to do is treat it as a stop sign. The drivers I witnessed had a hard time comprehending that one.
No, there is a temporary red light setup when exiting 2818 and heading west. But it seems to have become a permanent fixture and everything appears complete.
drivinwest
AG
Installing the permanent one today. West bound 60 exit off 2818 is closed.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Speaking of 2818, when the hell are they going to remove the crap load of orange cones that are STILL out there????
Bob2525
So northbound exit gets a light and southbound fends for themselves? Doesn't make sense, unless people don't know how to merge.
CS78
They have their own lane. There should not be a light there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.