Recommendations: Storage Facilities

2,586 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cslifer
aviationag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Requesting recommendations for storage facilities for one year for my house in CS.

If possible, prefer something closer to the Earl Rudder side of town but that is not mandatory; obviously would like best value, flood-proof and clean.

Any recommendations from personal experience would be appreciated.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Not where you want it, we used Cube Store by the racetrack for two years. Great folks, very secure, reasonable pricing, etc.
AggieBaseball06
AG
I've been using SmartStop for about 6 months now. I've used other places in both CS and other cities and they are the best company I've ever had. Their property is well maintained and their rates aren't ridiculous.

https://smartstopselfstorage.com/find-storage/tx/college-station/3101-texas-avenue-south
aviationag
AG
Thanks so much, TXAGBQ76. Do we know each other? I'm from Dayton originally....
aviationag
AG
Thanks so much! I appreciate the info...
TxSquarebody
Morningstar Storage...they have two locations. One on Booneville Rd and the other on Hwy 30. Not the cheapest in town, but they lock in in your rate for a full year, not raise the rent three months later. They also have 24hr access.
halibut sinclair
Morningstar is great. Used them a few times over the years.

*Boonville
TXAGBQ76
AG
Maybe I was good friends with the Sterlings and Stones, Mike Scott, etc. I still go see Mrs. several times a year.
aviationag
AG
Then I'm sure we know each other, RA...since I grew up with them and spent many an hour - when allowed - in Dorm 11. I'll most likely see Mike Scott this weekend....

FYI - just made a donation to the Foundation fund....

RJ
TXAGBQ76
AG
Cool. Thanks for the donation also!
ChampsAg
Stay away from the one across from the Deacon Wings & More, next to Burger King.

We had mice in ours and also water damage. They accepted no fault whatsoever.
aviationag
AG
Thanks so much, Tx...Appreciate it.
aviationag
AG
Appreciate the recommendation. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
aviationag
AG
Got it and appreciate the heads up.
JP76
http://karstensstorage.com/karstens-business-park-and-storage/storage
Love Gun
Stay away from Storage Station on Manuel. Homeless people break in those things all the time and actually live in them if there is nothing to steal.
Goose83
AG
Love Gun said:

Stay away from Storage Station on Manuel. Homeless people break in those things all the time and actually live in them if there is nothing to steal.
Gross.

Any other storage facilities in town have this problem?
Jackson57
Does anyone have recommendations for a very short-term (month to 6-weeks) storage facility?
aggietony2010
AG
Love Gun said:

Can confirm. Had some audio equipment stolen from there in 2007. I was a naive student and thought a lock would keep things safe over the summer.

They had the courtesy to leave everything else... And everything in its place. They just went through the boxes, took the good stuff out, shut the boxes, and even put the lock back on.

They were the nice kind of criminal I guess.
God save the Patriarchy!
txgardengirl
We used cubesmart while transitioning/selling a home and have nothing to say but good things. It's on Hwy 6 and access is easy!
Bucketrunner
Carney's broke into 7 motor homes at that CubeSmart last winter and stole radios and GPS systems. None were recovered, and the carneys are setting up shop in the lot next door again this fall. Goody.
cslifer
How do you know it was a carnival worker? Was one arrested?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.