Wooden Swing Set Assembly?

1,176 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr.Short-termMemory
GeographyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're thinking about buying a wooden swing set/fort thing for our grandchildren who live in CS.

Maybe something like THIS ONE ?

Has anyone bought a good set that is well made and long lasting?

Has anyone had one of those things assembled professionally? I hate to make our son-in-law have to put it together.

I'm looking for recommendations for both a good, sturdy set, and someone to build it.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
Belton Ag
AG
We have almost that exact one, minus the protruding monkey bar. I assembled the thing along with 2 guys that work for me and it took us a solid 10 hours from start to finish. It comes in an almost unfathomable amount of tiny little pieces and when you first open the box and take it all in you just want to run away as far as you can go.

It holds up well enough, the wood is cedar which is fairly rot resistant and it's painted. I don't see why one couldn't get 5 to 8 years of heavy use out of it.

BrazosWifi
Belton Ag said:

We have almost that exact one, minus the protruding monkey bar. I assembled the thing along with 2 guys that work for me and it took us a solid 10 hours from start to finish. It comes in an almost unfathomable amount of tiny little pieces and when you first open the box and take it all in you just want to run away as far as you can go.

It holds up well enough, the wood is cedar which is fairly rot resistant and it's painted. I don't see why one couldn't get 5 to 8 years of heavy use out of it.

I will echo this.

We setup a similar one as well. It took at least 40 man-hours to assemble. Many parts are difficult to do by yourself. I had help from my parents and my wife. It was quite the task.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
OlBoss
AG
We just recently purchased a set by this same company at Sams. Ordered online and purchased the installation. A crew of three guys from Houston came to the house and set it up in about half a day. Good experience overall.
GeographyAg
AG
OlBoss said:

We just recently purchased a set by this same company at Sams. Ordered online and purchased the installation. A crew of three guys from Houston came to the house and set it up in about half a day. Good experience overall.
Good to know! The installation is expensive, but I think it would be worth it for the sanity of all involved.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
DBSwooper
GeographyAg said:

OlBoss said:

Good to know! The installation is expensive, but I think it would be worth it for the sanity of all involved.
Having also assembled one of those with only my wife, myself, a toddler and a screaming infant (at the time)...pay someone to do it!

If you do it yourself take the time to lay out each of the pieces by letter and then number (or whatever system they use now). Lay out all the hardware so you can see it, but keep it contained (we used plastic cups). It took us a couple of solid days of work, but the kids used it for around five years before it started needing work.
AggiePhil
AG
Tree Frogs in the Houston area. They deliver here about once a week.
aggiepaintrain
AG
amazon may offer installation as well

rainbow and king kong are good brands that will last a lot longer than what you linked but are 3x or more the $
JP76
I've assembled a few of these over the years and still don't care for them. Most of the ones I have assembled have taken between 30-40 man hours. The last one had close to 1000 screws in it.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
https://www.goconfigure.com

Bought one at Sam's, this is the company that put it together. 8 hours. Well worth the $$$.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.