comments on KBTX news stories

4,517 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Goose83
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching first news at 4 and Rusty is interviewing R C and says all the comments are great on the KBTX news articles Correct me if I am wrong Mike Wright ended the comment section on all KBTX news stories over a year ago and that ban still seems to be in place. am I missing something
MisterShipWreck
Yes, I have not seen a way to leave comments since then, unless it just recently changed again.

Maybe on twitter or Facebook?
techno-ag
AG
Maybe comments they heard and not written online.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Probably talking about Facebook or Twitter or something. Comments ended on the site several years ago.
happyinBCS
Thanks for the feedback, so we seem to agree that the comment ban is still in place, maybe the new GM will revisit the ban and remove it, since it was improper to remove the comment section in the first place
kyledr04
AG
Just comment here. They'll see it.
Rapier108
As long as certain people take it so seriously that they go up to KBTX to try and get other commenters banned, it is not going to come back.
happyinBCS
Ok so I assume you are Rusty ? The comment forum worked well for many years, long before you were here, it seems odd that other local media allow comments and most every national media allow them also, and are monitored for content
Rapier108
Nope, I have no affiliation with KBTX.
TLIAC
AG
Like someone else said, I'm sure he was referring to Facebook comments. Rusty's page and the KBTX page get a lot of comment action.
BlueMiles
AG
KBTX loves the first amendment.
91_Aggie
AG
I doubt any News service these days has extra money available to moderate all the comment sections on all their news stories.

The comments were never useful.

As hard as it might be for some people to accept, being able to express your little own personal opinion on someone's private website is not a 1st Amendment right.

And even harder for the ones that really feel they need to be be able to give their thoughts to the "masses" on a particular issue, no one really cares. (and that includes this post).

95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

since it was improper to remove the comment section in the first place
Their business, their choice
Quote:

KBTX is not a government entity
BlueMiles
AG
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

KBTX is not a government entity
Not just "not a government entity," they are the Press.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
91_Aggie said:

I doubt any News service these days has extra money available to moderate all the comment sections on all their news stories.

The comments were never useful.

As hard as it might be for some people to accept, being able to express your little own personal opinion on someone's private website is not a 1st Amendment right.

And even harder for the ones that really feel they need to be be able to give their thoughts to the "masses" on a particular issue, no one really cares. (and that includes this post).

Excellent post. The need for some to pontificate is laughable.
Picadillo
It was a good decision. It had turned into a cess pool.
FlyRod
Huge fan of doing away with comments sections. Let old men go literally yell at clouds instead.
cslifer
[So are we and that's why this board isn't a cesspool. -Staff]
legalbird
maybe too many right comments were left!!
Goose83
AG
BlueMiles said:

KBTX loves the first amendment itself.
FIFY
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.