Person Shot

3,917 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by techno-ag
wasntme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like someone has been shot near the Lincoln Center, not sure of the victims condition. I don't have anymore details at this time.
Rapier108

redd38
AG
Terrible
Rapier108

And just as a friendly public service reminder, don't post anything at all about the police are doing unless it is from a source like KBTX or the police department itself. You'll have your head taken off by some people.
CS78
Sure would be nice if they would do something with the shady apartments right by the Lincoln Center. Wasn't there shots fired across the baseball fields a while back?
cslifer
Who are "they" and what should they do?
Rapier108
cslifer said:

I was obviously talking about how people say that "don't post about what the cops are doing" bs. And last I checked texags didn't have a policy about posting about police activity, did that change?
I was referring to how certain people here react.

The last time I made a comment about what the police were doing it, there was a thread meltdown. Pretty sure a few bans got handed out. Just don't feel like dealing with it again and wanted to save anyone else the trouble.

Now, that is all I'm going to say on that.

RG20
Shocking
s13fenton
The Southside Village apartments are a terrible black eye for the area. Same place a few people got stabbed over the summer, not to mention it is in the middle of a very popular neighborhood for students to live in.
PS3D
cslifer said:

I was obviously talking about how people say that "don't post about what the cops are doing" bs. And last I checked texags didn't have a policy about posting about police activity, did that change?
It's not posting police activity, mods are just touchy about discussing crimes/death, banning "unsubstantiated rumors" (which is all about else you could post about, really), and handing out bans in the process.

One wonders why they even would allow postings of such things if relevant conversation is disallowed.
BrandoC
AG
Thats what you get when your city wants HUD housing.
lost my dog
s13fenton said:

The Southside Village apartments are a terrible black eye for the area. Same place a few people got stabbed over the summer, not to mention it is in the middle of a very popular neighborhood for students to live in.
Not disagree with the statement about the crime. But the Southgate Village apartments were there before the Aggie shacks. It's not like the developers who changed the neighborhood into a student zone didn't know it was there.
unmade bed
wasntme said:

Sounds like someone has been shot near the Lincoln Center, not sure of the victims condition. I don't have anymore details at this time.

Hopefully user name checks out
poolgirl1
s13fenton. And exactly what should they do with all the tennants that live in that black eye Southgate? There is no HUD housing in College Station anymore.
CS78
poolgirl1 said:

s13fenton. And exactly what should they do with all the tennants that live in that black eye Southgate? There is no HUD housing in College Station anymore.
There are plenty of options in town. Their address may not read College Station but there is no shortage of nearby options.
cslifer
Did you literally just say we should run all the poor folks that receive hud assistance at southgate out of town???
What "not college Station address" should we send them to? Bryan? Hearne? Navasota?
newsjunkie
There is plenty of HUD housing in College Station. Here is the current list of section 8 housing...you will see many listings for College Station.

http://www.bvcog.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Rental-Unit-Listing-December-20181.pdf

And there are still multiple complexes that are HUD such as the Heritage at Dartmouth which is in College Station. Southgate Village has just been there longer.
CS78
I was simply saying I consider B/CS one town in response to the "wherever will they go" post.
cslifer
I am sure you would welcome them to your neighborhood with open arms, right?
CS78
cslifer said:

I am sure you would welcome them to your neighborhood with open arms, right?
Kinda getting off the subject here but yes. I would expect them to work hard, make smart decisions, and sacrifice to live in my neighborhood. Back when me and my family were lower income, we used to live in their neighborhoods. There's plenty of room for anyone willing to do what it takes.
Oogway
So, to get back on topic, a 13 year old was shot and is now stable in hospital. A 16 year old suspect is in custody. Tragic.
techno-ag
AG
Oogway said:

So, to get back on topic, a 13 year old was shot and is now stable in hospital. A 16 year old suspect is in custody. Tragic.
T&P.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.