Castlegate II pool changes

4,355 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by histag10
Wotto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really disappointed...sounds like Castlegate II HOA voted to no longer allow non-resident members. I live in Nantucket, but have been a pool member there for the last 2 summers.

Does anybody recommend a pool membership alternative in south CS?
cz308
Can't say I'm surprised if overcrowding is an issue.
csnole
Pebble Creek Country Club
woodiewood1
If I was a homeowner and they allowed non-residents to swim, I would expect a high use charge and also expect them to do exactly what they did if it become crowded.
rptsAg03
We were non resident members before building our own pool, it wasn't made explicitly clear, but my understanding then was that open memberships would be based on open lots. So as the lots were filling up, memberships of non residents would go down. I suppose it eventually capped. I have also heard good things about Pebble Creek! It is too bad, Castlegate II has a great pool!
Rexter
They may have gotten a notice for a classification change. If it's members and guests, then it's semi-private. If they "sell" memberships or access, then it's public, which kicks in all kind of requirements such as ADA, etc.
MiMi
S
I received an email today that there will be 100 memberships for sale for non residents but you most live in Castlegate I. It will cost $600 and include the both the pool and proposed fitness center. If the fitness center doesn't happen, $300 will be refunded.

When nonresidents could use the pool for $300 and CG2 wasn't built out, it was worth it to go to a neighborhood pool. But with the added cost and lots more CG2 residents, it is no longer worth it.
Prune Tracy
Look at a social membership at Pebble Creek. You have access to pool, dining, gym, and maybe a couple of other things. Not terribly expensive.
farmerJohnny
The new Castlegate HOA administration company is a mess. They are taking decisions on their own and we don't know what to do, because the board is controlled by the developer (put his own people on it, as he has the extra votes for empty lots).
The new management company thinkgs that Castlegate I residents would be willing to pay $300 per year to go to the Castlegate || fitness room? That is crazy! You can get much nicer facilities for $30 per month.
Most residents do NOT want the center to be turned into a fitness room as we know that will increase our dues, but they don't care what our opinion is, and make up their own numbers.
Stupe
S
It's $300.00 / year for the family, not just one person.
AgsWin2011
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

Look at a social membership at Pebble Creek. You have access to pool, dining, gym, and maybe a couple of other things. Not terribly expensive.
Got a ballpark number per month or year? How is the dining experience?
Stupe
S
Castlegate and Castlegate II are no longer managed by the same HOA company.
histag10
AG
Heismenberg said:

Gangster Octopus said:

Got a ballpark number per month or year? How is the dining experience?

I had them email me.

$1600 initiation fee snd then 149 per month. They are doing a 1/2 price iniitiation fee right now (so 800)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.