What is your biggest lawn concern this month?

1,998 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by greenerlawnscapes
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG

Is it fire ants? Fleas? Ticks? Weeds?

As the temperatures rise, so do a host of potential lawn problems ranging from weeds to pests to just an overall weak lawn overtaken by unsightly weeds..

Right now, there are a few things you can focus on to improve the quality of your lawn and even more importantly, protect your family and pets from serious pests such as fleas, ticks, and fire ants. Check out our latest blog posts on Tips for Flea & Tick Prevention as well as Why Spring is the Most Critical Time for Lawn Care to get some tips on how to help all of these problems.

As always, if there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to contact us at Greener LawnScapes

Daniel Sherrod

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers

The Fleas are coming! Prevention if anyone has pets. A wooden fence doesn't stop fleas from any neighbors!
AC Hopper
S
Erosion and root rot from 6+ months rain!
SARATOGA
burrweed
saltydog13
AG
Burrweed. I tried a granular with trimec that did absolutely nothing. Looks like I'll be out there spraying most of the yard soon
chigger
AG
Grubs
Brewmaster
AG
+1 for Daniel... they started hitting our yard with fertilizer and herbicide, greenest it's been in years!
greenerlawnscapes
Thanks for all the replies! Like with most things in life, staying ahead is the key. Once those mature weeds like burweed take hold, it can take more of an effort to get rid of them. Our yearly program is timed in such a way that we are able to be proactive in keeping them from every taking hold. Feel free to contact us for a quote!

BREwmaster- thanks for the feedback. We are so glad your yard is at its best.
BCS-Ag
Brown circle from my dog peeing in the same spot over and over.
greenerlawnscapes
Ha! Can't help you with that one. I have 2 daughters (third on the way) begging for a dog. Trying to hold out....getting hard.

Maybe TexAgs will get a dog trainer sponsor soon?!
TxSquarebody
My biggest concern is who's going to mow the darn thing! My 5hp push mower turned 20 this year and is lazy AF. About to kick it out of the house!
saltydog13
AG
What about spur weed? What would you recommend using to spray it and is safe around trees?
greenerlawnscapes
Duplicate post, sorry!
greenerlawnscapes
TxSquarebody said:

My biggest concern is who's going to mow the darn thing! My 5hp push mower turned 20 this year and is lazy AF. About to kick it out of the house!
If/when you kick it out and don't want to deal with the mowing, feel free to give us a shout. We do offer weekly and biweekly maintenance in addition to our treatment services. If not, hope your next machine lasts another 20!!
greenerlawnscapes
saltydog13 said:

What about spur weed? What would you recommend using to spray it and is safe around trees?
Once spur weed is established, it's harder to control. By this time of year seeds have developed and will grow again next year. However, it can still be controlled with a broadleaf herbicide. When used according to the label, it is safe around trees.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.