Any reports on Urban Table?

10,537 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by George Costanza
trackaggie76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went there about a month ago and wasn't impressed. The layout is odd to me. The dining area downstairs is tiny and the wait staff have to continually be running up and down steep stairs. One guy actually dropped an entire tray of dishes on one of the sprints upstairs. The bar upstairs is nice but not sure how someone with mobility issues gets up there.

I may give it another try---but based on my one visit I would give it 1 star.
FlyRod
Went with a friend last night. Drinks menu is nice, and bartenders were great. Service was very good, but a little too dude-bro enthusiastic at times. Food was decent...reminded me of Napa Flats. We enjoyed it but both agreed it's probably the weakest of Chef Tai's restaurants. Agree with poster who said the layout is weird. Do like the balcony seating though.
Brandamne
Well I'm in no hurry to go any more. Thanks for the info!
Sleepnumber
AG
trackaggie76 said:

I went there about a month ago and wasn't impressed. The layout is odd to me. The dining area downstairs is tiny and the wait staff have to continually be running up and down steep stairs. One guy actually dropped an entire tray of dishes on one of the sprints upstairs. The bar upstairs is nice but not sure how someone with mobility issues gets up there.

I may give it another try---but based on my one visit I would give it 1 star.
Re. mobility issues, there's an elevator.
txgardengirl
I've been a few times - it's meant to be neighborhood sized and while it's different for CS, I think it's a good option.

Potstickers are yummy, full bar and clean setting - more moderate pricing then the other Tai eateries and fair sized potions.

It might be too hot for the patio this time of year

And yes, there is an elevator.
trackaggie76
AG
Glad to hear there is an elevator---but it is still an odd layout--maybe once the "new" wears off there will be a reasonable sized crowd and the place won't be so crowded--so the flow will make more sense.
musicforall
I wish they would have coffee service available to the waiters upstairs in the bar as well as downstairs. Watching them run up the stairs with a tray of hot coffee is frightening. All they need is the ability for coffee to be made in both places.

I would not want to work there, nor would I want anyone I cared about to work there with concrete stairs and trays of food.
75AG
AG
musicforall said:

I wish they would have coffee service available to the waiters upstairs in the bar as well as downstairs. Watching them run up the stairs with a tray of hot coffee is frightening. All they need is the ability for coffee to be made in both places.

I would not want to work there, nor would I want anyone I cared about to work there with concrete stairs and trays of food.
My slightly overweight son would certainly benefit from working there. Thanks for the idea!
nthomas99
AG
Ate there for the first time last night with my five year old daughter last night while the rest of the family was off doing something else. The downstairs restaurant is much smaller than I envisioned, and as someone else mentioned it feels like it's filled with hovering waiters.

Food was pretty good and I thought was priced fine if the execution was on point, but it just doesn't seem to be quite there yet. Waitress seemed green and nervous (as well as lady before who just filled water). The kid's menu said soup of the day (chicken noodle) served with the grill cheese, but they served it with a tomato basil which was way too hot (temperature was almost boiling) even for an adult and pretty spicy for a kid. The creme brle ramekin and the filling was cold (I get it's pre-prepped but let it come closer to room temp before serving). And a few other minor things. I'll be back, but probably give it another couple of months to get firing on all cylinders.

But they're doing something right, the place was hopping upstairs and downstairs for a Monday night.
George Costanza
Last night was Trivia Night.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.