Tornado in Franklin/New Baden area

CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tornado warning was issued today around noon.
Folks in the area report major damage including total losses for some homes. T&P's appreciated.
aggiebman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in Hearne, just got back from Franklin dropping water. Red Cross is headed there, or is arriving shortly.

They have plenty of help right now, telling folks to stay out of the area and let first responders through.

T&P
Ol Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have an update on this?
aggiebman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First responders meeting happening right now.

As of a couple of hours ago, no fatalities reported, just lots of damage

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161479807675244&id=701490243

In case anyone wanted to learn more, or help.
aggiebman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Update: no fatalities, a few people transported to the hospital, but nothing critical
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
That is a miracle.
BCStalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We were out that way all day helping pick up what is left. Very sad. Was happy to see people from all over driving in to help out.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F3. I don't believe this area has had an F3 since the 1950s.
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tornado went through the back of a Franklin Safari. Took down some trees which fell on fences. They completely lost a house, huge RV flipped on its side, lost a huge barn and more. Shockingly (and amazingly) no animals were lost or heart. The exception they found was one of the dogs had a small gash-cut in top of its head and one was limping - looked to have scratches on pad of foot. So many people went out to help get it cleared and fences up. The animals all appear to be good, fences were fixed, but personally they have a lot of cleanup and loss.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife is driving through Alto on her way up to Marshall. She said the museum at the Caddo mounds is gone.
jimmyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Volunteer at https://www.redcross.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer.html

Or Salvation Army

Donations to the Brazos Valley food bank https://www.bvfb.org are likely to have the most benefit as the Franklin FB was destroyed.
Ol Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FlyRod said:

F3. I don't believe this area has had an F3 since the 1950s.
Calvert hit in '74 or '75 (?).
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard there was no school at Franklin tomorrow while they sort things out. T&P for everybody up that way.
Ol Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol Sarge said:

FlyRod said:

F3. I don't believe this area has had an F3 since the 1950s.
Calvert hit in '74 or '75 (?). I lived in Franklin at the time.
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

My wife is driving through Alto on her way up to Marshall. She said the museum at the Caddo mounds is gone.
My son-in-law and I drove through there yesterday morning, and some event was going on. One of the Tyler stations reported a number of injuries after folks tried to take shelter in the building. So sad to see the destruction in that area :-(
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
jimmyb said:

Volunteer at https://www.redcross.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer.html

Or Salvation Army

Donations to the Brazos Valley food bank https://www.bvfb.org are likely to have the most benefit as the Franklin FB was destroyed.
Contact them before just heading there. The areas to park are limited and official crews are having a difficult time getting to sites to do their jobs.
jimmyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ah.yeah

Or use the volunteer svs and let them tell,you...

Or,give$
BCStalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been through Franklin a few times today and crews have been working extremely hard to get power restored. I spoke with several people from the plant and they are staying in RVs or hotels 45 away. It's heartbreaking what happened. Unfortunately until power is restored, there isn't much room for helping physically. We plan on contacting them tomorrow to find out what we can do to help, but power and clean water is the priority as of right now.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The BBB is warning against GoFundMe/crowdfunding scams. Just donate directly to Salvation Army or Red Cross.
slop01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
techno-ag said:

The BBB is warning against GoFundMe/crowdfunding scams. Just donate directly to Salvation Army or Red Cross.
I am not saying either of those are bad organizations, but if you really want to help please donate to a local church in Franklin. Every penny of that donation will go to the people in need where the 2 mentioned above have about a 20-30% overhead.
jimmyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[Please contact us concerning GoFundMe links on TexAgs. Thank you. -Staff]

sure...

rolleyes.

Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slop01 said:

techno-ag said:

The BBB is warning against GoFundMe/crowdfunding scams. Just donate directly to Salvation Army or Red Cross.
I am not saying either of those are bad organizations, but if you really want to help please donate to a local church in Franklin. Every penny of that donation will go to the people in need where the 2 mentioned above have about a 20-30% overhead.

A study showed only 12% of the money donated actually got to those in need a long time ago. I don't know if it has gotten better but that is just sad
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

slop01 said:

techno-ag said:

The BBB is warning against GoFundMe/crowdfunding scams. Just donate directly to Salvation Army or Red Cross.
I am not saying either of those are bad organizations, but if you really want to help please donate to a local church in Franklin. Every penny of that donation will go to the people in need where the 2 mentioned above have about a 20-30% overhead.

A study showed only 12% of the money donated actually got to those in need a long time ago. I don't know if it has gotten better but that is just sad
Blue star for giving to local churches, I heartily concur. But the Red Cross and Salvation Army are respected organizations that help out a lot in disasters. I don't mind supporting them at all. The "overhead" goes toward local employees who often do unsung yeoman's work during times like these.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.