The Republic

3,010 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BryanPooch
TxAggieGirl08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I did a quick search and couldn't find my answer.

What is the dress code for The Republic? My husband and I are going down there sans kids next weekend and we have a reservation, but I can't find the dress code on their website. We're used to Three Forks and Nick & Sam's in Dallas, which are pretty nice. Is it about the same?

Oh and any recommendations for a night scene that would be good for young 30's and not Northgate would be much appreciated! Is Mo's Irish Pub good? We're staying at the George, so was hoping that would be good to walk to.

Thanks!!
4lilmonkeys
I would say it's what you'd wear on any other date night. I've seen a mix of everything from really casual to really nice. Last week, I sat at the bar in a nicer sweater, jeans and a pair of boots and fit in with the crowd just fine.

We love Mo's. Patio is nice in good weather, staff has always been great when we've gone, drinks are on par with what we get anywhere else. I think it's a pretty good mix of non-students and students as well, even when there's a game on. Good spot if you don't want to stray too far from your hotel.

TxAggieGirl08
AG
Would jeans and a polo be ok for a guy or should he wear slacks and a button down?
gus1390
AG
Jeans and a polo are fine at every single restaurant in this town. I've worn shorts in there before, while sitting at the bar.
techno-ag
AG
gus1390 said:

Jeans and a polo are fine at every single restaurant in this town. I've worn shorts in there before, while sitting at the bar.
Yup. In general, so long as your wallet has green, they don't care if your jeans are blue.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

Oh and any recommendations for a night scene that would be good for young 30's and not Northgate would be much appreciated! Is Mo's Irish Pub good? We're staying at the George, so was hoping that would be good to walk to.
Mo's is good. I like the one in Cypress better than the location here. You might want to take an Uber to downtown Bryan and check out the scene there. Lots of restaurants and bars and stuff to do.
Captn_Ag05
AG
You may want to walk over to Cavalry Court - the restaurant/bar there is nice and they often have live music. The pool area is great too if the weather is nice. The Green at Century Square often has entertainment as well.
denied
I would say dressing like you do at Three Forks is most appropriate (I don't always wear a sport coat when I go in at Three Forks). For The Republic though nice jeans and a collared shirt wouldn't be out of place.
TXAG 05
AG
gus1390 said:

It's college station, T-shirt and shorts will get you in everywhere.
BryanPooch
I would feel out of place in shorts at The Republic. Long pants and a shirt that is not a white Tee or wife beater seem OK, but I'd prefer at least a collared shirt whether long or short sleeves. Of course, if you LIKE folks looking at you..... Actually, your asking the question shows you know the answer.
BryanPooch
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.