What fast food hamburger restaurant in BCS had the most foot traffic in March?

5,135 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by datageek
datageek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm never tired of trying to figure out where the business in B/CS is dropping off or pickup up.
We have plenty of fast food burger places in town, and I was curious which ones were the busiest. A few of them are not listed here due to low volume or too new.

Updated May 20th to include more 'non-chain' locations: Hamburger Restaurant Trends BCS Foot Traffic

Max06
AG
Why is Sonic on Welborn listed twice?

How do you collect the visit data? I certainly didn't expect to see Fuddruckers make the list, especially over places like Koppe Bridge.
datageek
Max06 said:

How do you collect the visit data? I certainly didn't expect to see Fuddruckers make the list, especially over places like Koppe Bridge.
Good catch, I have updated the article and noted 'Max6' for the contribution.
Koppe Bridge and Mr. Hamburger I don't yet have data for but I will update once it's compiled.

Merchant, social & cell phone companies anonymously collect this data and tie it all back to advertising ID's on GPS enabled cell phones.
Rex Racer
AG
I don't consider Burger House or Koppe Bridge "fast food".
australopithecus robustus
Great work and list. My gut tells me something is slightly amiss however. The Whataburger on Dominick, albeit constrained by less parking, is always busy. It must not have data or something. It may not be beating the wellborn site, but it's got to be beating several others on that list....
datageek
Rex Racer said:

I am planning to update with 'all' burger places, but for now, I've edited it to be more clear.
datageek
australopithecus robustus said:

Great work and list. My gut tells me something is slightly amiss however. The Whataburger on Dominick, albeit constrained by less parking, is always busy. It must not have data or something. It may not be beating the wellborn site, but it's got to be beating several others on that list....
The gut is often wrong, but in your case, it's not! For March 2019 Wellborn was king, but if you compare the last 6 months, Dominick edges out Wellborn by a slim margin: https://cl.ly/2553bf4414ac and weekly trend: https://cl.ly/3a34eb72d1fd
BCStalk
And I thought I had weird hobbies. I'd be interested in seeing a list of non fast food burger shops.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I'd be interested to see Chick Fil A numbers - assuming they would be ahead of all other locations? Or, a battle of the chickens - Chick Fil A, Canes, Laynes, Zaxbys...

And, do the Dairy Queens really do that little of business - or were they not included?
Jetty
AG
C&Js makes a Fantastic burger.
Birddog
AG
The Whataburger near Texas and Villa Maria is not on the list? Some missed data. No way Burger House and a few of the others have more traffic.
KidDoc
AG
BCStalk said:

And I thought I had weird hobbies. I'd be interested in seeing a list of non fast food burger shops.
It doesn't look like a hobby more like a side gig.

Pretty neat data though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
curry97
AG
Pulliam, it is good to see that you are still around the area. I have known you for quite some time, even before your Best Buy days.
halibut sinclair
I would be very interested in seeing the data on how burger places like Chicken Oil, Margie's, Top of the Hill, Joe's, Burger House, Yankee's, Washbanger's, etc. compare.
KidDoc
AG
halibut sinclair said:

I would be very interested in seeing the data on how burger places like Chicken Oil, Margie's, Top of the Hill, Joe's, Burger House, Yankee's, Washbanger's, etc. compare.
I've never heard of Yankee's, looks interesting though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
KidDoc said:

halibut sinclair said:

I've never heard of Yankee's, looks interesting though.
Great burgers. Also, the Wednesday night ribeye steak special is a heck of a deal.

The owner, Yankee Mike, passed away last summer. His son runs the place now and is the main cook.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/asdf-488235521.html
datageek
Birddog said:

The Whataburger near Texas and Villa Maria is not on the list? Some missed data. No way Burger House and a few of the others have more traffic.
Correct, that data was missing at the time I created this, but I now have it and have updated the link.
https://cl.ly/d6c0b1a68ac7
datageek
halibut sinclair said:

Agreed, I had not heard of some of them but was able to at least start pulling data for them for a future report. I'll post back once all the data is in.
lost my dog
datageek said:

Max06 said:

Good catch, I have updated the article and noted 'Max6' for the contribution.
Koppe Bridge and Mr. Hamburger I don't yet have data for but I will update once it's compiled.

Merchant, social & cell phone companies anonymously collect this data and tie it all back to advertising ID's on GPS enabled cell phones.

They say it's anonymous,but noooo - it starts with tracking you at burger joints, and pretty soon we're all living in North Korea!
BQ_90
AG
Says walkins. Does that mean it's not counting drive thru?
datageek
BQ_90 said:

Says walkins. Does that mean it's not counting drive thru?
It counts drive-thru but factors out most of everyone who lives (not applicable) or works there.
woodiewood1
I don't know about foot traffic, but the Whataburger on Wellborn has lead all the other Whataburger stores in the BCS market in revenues since they opened.
Txmoe
AG
Appreciate you taking the time to compile and post this. Interesting data.
datageek
Txmoe said:

Appreciate you taking the time to compile and post this. Interesting data.
You bet, glad you liked it.
Oogway
So, if one happened to keep their GPS on their phone turned off in Settings would that mean the visits aren't counted? If so, add some visits to the RP Whataburger.....
datageek
Oogway said:

So, if one happened to keep their GPS on their phone turned off in Settings would that mean the visits aren't counted? If so, add some visits to the RP Whataburger.....
That's been accounted for also. Other sources like WiFi and Bluetooth are used (even if you don't join anything, they give off a unique signal). But, the type of tracking this reporting relies on isn't a 1:1 for devices to people. It's AI that helps determine out of X number of know devices and tie it into how many other people are really there.
This helps account for people with flip phones or no phones. So far I've been impressed with how it is able to get so close to the real number.
datageek
halibut sinclair said:

I've added more from your suggestions here: https://cl.ly/78d558edfed4
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Rex Racer said:

Amen!!! It's fine dining. I also considered Ken Martin's and 3C's fine dining.
datageek
I've updated the list to include non-chains.
datageek
datageek said:

halibut sinclair said:

Agreed, I had not heard of some of them but was able to at least start pulling data for them for a future report. I'll post back once all the data is in.
Done, all good suggestions, I've added most of your suggestions I could get data for above.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.