New Anglican Church in B/CS - x-post from R&P

1,843 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boredatwork08
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TL;DR version: Come celebrate Palm Sunday with a new church pant this Sunday!

[url=https://www.incarnationbcs.org/][/url]https://www.incarnationbcs.org/

----------------------------

Howdy all

I wanted to let everyone who may be interested or curious about orthodox, liturgical worship in the Anglican tradition that there is a new church plant forming in B/CS. Church of the Incarnation is an Anglican Church plant in the Brazos Valley. Anglican churches are rooted in the historic teaching and practices of Christianity. While the teaching is unchanging, we are free to adapt our practice in ways that invite all people to understand and participate in worship. This might be evident in how ornately a space is, or is not, decorated, in the formality of the clergy's dress, or in the style of songs or hymns during worship. The doctrine and gospel teaching are consistent across the spectrum of congregations.
When you join us for worship on a Sunday, you will experience the presence of God with us through worship in forms both ancient and new: the reading of Scripture, the recitation of ancient prayers, and singing a rich blend of songs and hymns. Our teachings from the Bible address the deepest questions of our hearts with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Each service culminates around the communion table as we share together in the Lord's Supper.

Beyond our Sunday worship, we are also a church committed to following Jesus in our ordinary lives. We worship God daily (individually and in small gatherings) as we confess our sins, offer thanks, read Holy Scripture, and pray using the Book of Common Prayer to form us as disciples of Christ. We are committed to living life in the community through small groups and Bible studies. As we remember the gifts we are given from God, we also serve those around us in great need.

I invite you to join us on a Sunday afternoon! We meet the first and third Sundays at 4pm at the Brazos Christian School Gymnasium (3000 W. Villa Maria, Bryan, TX). When you arrive you can expect friendly faces, and a free family meal afterwards.

Even though THIS Sunday is the SECOND Sunday in April, we are meeting in observance of Palm Sunday and will meet again on Easter Sunday to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord!

I'm happy to answer any questions and provide any insight that I can.
cavscout96
AG
Call me worship with us this afternoon at 4!
angus55
Cake or death?
boredatwork08
AG
Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.