Cenare

3,708 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OAg
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Closing?
TxSquarebody
Closed
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Shame

I guess I'm happy for her that she sold it and had an " exit strategy ". We enjoyed 30+ years

New group was very friendly and eager to please but just never got it all figured out. Hate to see it go
halibut sinclair
Cenare was good when Mrs. G owned it, but even better before when Frank Fields was the owner. Never went after Mrs. G. sold the place. Luckily they now have the Pepperoni Pasta at Mr. G's downtown. That was my favorite dish.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Back in the mid 80s Cenare was THE spot for high end dining!
Picadillo
Hope someone reopens it. One of only a handful of places in town you could have dinner and conversation without shouting over the usual restaurant noise. I've been under several owners and the food and atmosphere were always good. The service lagged a bit under the most recent owner, but food quality was excellent.
australopithecus robustus
"Quiet" is why these restaurants are going out of business. The last thing owners want or need is for their place to be quiet...
woodiewood1
australopithecus robustus said:

"Quiet" is why these restaurants are going out of business. The last thing owners want or need is for their place to be quiet...
Cafe Eccell, Christophers, Maddens and many other nice sit down restaurants would not be considered noisy and appear to be quite successful.

Cenare before and even after Mrs. G sold it didn't appear to develop a following and enough draw. Food was always good and service fine.

I sure don't like to see new owners that put their money, time and sweat into a business and have if fail.

Stucco
Anyone know where I could get Mrs. G's chocolate brownie crust silk pie? That probably isn't the real name, but if you've had it you will remember the sweetest thickest richest desert in history.
TexAg1987
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Proposed to my wife there almost 26 years ago.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Proposed to my wife there almost 26 years ago.
NOICE
AggieBarstool
Sad to see a local business go out of business, but the place was entirely unremarkable in the last 10 years or so. Gave them several opportunities but usually left thinking I should have dined elsewhere.
OAg
AG
Sad to hear. Met my wife there at a dinner 27 years ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.