Electric Mini Bike Racing

coleasterling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy All,

A group comprised of myself and 15-20 other 18-35 year old guys and gals have started an informal club that races electric mini bikes in various parking lots around BCS, mostly behind Brazos Center at the park area. We use modified Razor kids bikes that go around 15-20mph and require full safety gear including elbow and knee pads, close toed shoes, full face helmet, and robust gloves. We strongly encourage motorcycle-style racing leathers or motocross gear. Courses are made of exercise cones and are modeled after famous race tracks such as Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Daytona, etc...We typically meet Wednesday nights (tonight!) and hold several informal races and talk a lot about modifications and riding. It is a lot of fun and a great way to both relax and be active. We typically have between 7-10 people at any one race night with plenty of time for everyone to ride.

We would like to grow our membership and become a more formal organization. We're open to everyone, both young and old, male or female, and are especially hoping to engage a younger generation of riders and promote a safe, sustainable environment for people to have fun and improve riding skills.

If anyone is interested in seeing it up close, we'll be at Brazos Center tonight, starting at 6:30pm, in the far parking lot. We're also very interested in any suggestions for for growth/bikes/track/organizational structure/etc...Basically, we're new at this and want to do it right!

Thank you!
Rexter
Sounds like a good time!

Give more notice for next week's location.

Does everyone run together, or do you split age groups?
Do you stipulate Razor bikes only, or are other brands acceptable?

I'd definitely be interested, along with my son. Post some contact info or email me.

Rexter1200 at yahoo
coleasterling
AG
Email sent!

There are some pictures and some video in the Brazos Valley Sport Riding Facebook group, though you may have to scroll/search to find them. We just started back up from a winter hiatus.
coleasterling
AG

Here's a picture of a group of us from awhile back, and here's me from before all the safety rules were in place, and not looking ahead like I should.

coleasterling
AG
We'll call this a weekly update. Racing tomorrow, Wed. 10th at 6pm behind Brazos Center! We'll have plenty of extra bikes to come try. Reminder, helmet, gloves, closed toe shoes, and preferably knee and elbow protection required.
KaneIsAble
AG
This is awesome.
Eliminatus
AG
Reminds me of the 50 CC races we used to have near 29 Palms.

Awesome stuff!
coleasterling
AG
Thanks! Here's some video from last Wed.

This timestamp is a general fun run:

https://youtu.be/77aFQHWKxig?t=277

This timestamp is me beating on the big bike with ~9hp. Sorry for the quality!

https://youtu.be/77aFQHWKxig?t=947
coleasterling
AG
Hi All,

We will not be racing this week. I woke up feeling terrible and it is supposed to rain, anyway. Next week!
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.