Edgewater Bryan Internet

2,037 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LRB38
gbaby23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am moving into the new Stylecraft build Edgewater subdivision in Bryan near the Autumn Lakes subdivision. Has anyone out in that area had any luck finding an internet service provider? I am looking for options to get connected.

So far, I have had no luck with Suddenlink, but I was wondering if anyone else had found other options that may work.
saltydog13
AG
Looks like Brazos Wifi is no go there. Is suddenlink not even expanding its network to new builds anymore or something? I would've thought a stylecraft neighborhood would have guaranteed internet
JP76
I know Verizon has DSL service out towards the 47/21 Smetana area. Suddenlink runs quite a ways down Leonard so I'm surprised it isn't in Edgewater.
Average Joe
AG
I thought Suddenlink was supposed to be out there, but they wait until the neighborhood is almost 100% lived in before doing anything.
BrazosWifi
Send me an email with your address. I will double check to see if we can get there.

Jim
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
gbaby23
AG
I think you're right based on the information they've given me, which is not a lot other than service is unavailable to my area.

Most houses are already being snatched up in Edgewater Phase 2 so hopefully service will be coming soon.
beb08
AG
We refused to use Suddenlink. That being said they were not available until about a month after we moved in. We went with Rise broadband. Husband doesn't game, we stream all our shows, have a camera hooked up and have had no issues other than a couple of frustrating "down" times.
CWIsom
We got it about 6months after we moved in first phase. I have been told that it is 1-2 months away as all fiber is laid. Welcome to the neighborhood
gbaby23
AG
Just wanted to check back in with this thread and give those who may need the information an update. Suddenlink is now showing that I have options to request internet service and I will be having them out to set it up this weekend. Hopefully, there are no issues with getting everything set up, but I will post another update to let everyone know if there were any problems. So if you are in the Edgewater subdivision and have been dealing with the lack of internet service, I would suggest either calling or checking the Suddenlink website to see if you are eligible for service.
tfunk02
AG
If anyone can't go about the normal means of getting internet, there are some of us that found other ways with unlimited cell service, cell modems, and antennas. Check out this thread if you are interested...

I'm in a spot that couldn't get reliable WISP service, and now I have about 40 down and 20 up depending on the day.

https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/3026369
gbaby23
AG
Just wanted to let everyone interested know that the installation process went smoothly and my internet is up and running. So if Suddenlink shows your address as serviceable you should be good to request service, hopefully with no issues.
LRB38
S
Used to live there and suddenlink does service houses in that subdivision.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.