Owner builder mortgage financing

1,618 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by davido
Nealthedestroyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for a bank that offers owner-builder construction financing?
KaneIsAble
AG
As in you want to contract it out yourself (not hire a builder); or as in you own the land and are going to hire a builder to construct on your property?
Nealthedestroyer
AG
We own the land and would like to build it ourselves.
Vae Victis
aggiepaintrain
AG
You will need to find a place to loan you 80% of the value of the land and the rest you will have to self finance, once it's done get a Home Equity Loan to payoff the loan on the land, and credit cards/personal loans used to build it.

FJB
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Will that force us to pay closing costs twice?
Vae Victis
aggiepaintrain
AG
Yes but I bet the fees for both loans would be less than one conventional mortgage

I'd call Brenham National Bank for the loan on the lot if you go that route, maybe someone else has a better idea, the main problem is that "you" are the builder.
FJB
jja79
AG
There are limits on taking cash out of a lot under 200 acres I believe so that may not be an option. Our bank finances a lot of new construction but like most lenders we won't touch owner/builder stuff. There are lenders out there who will, however, they charge rates almost as high as hard money lenders.
skeetboy3
AG
Don't recall who we used, but there are several national banks that do construction loans, several with one-time closing costs
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Thanks guys.
Vae Victis
davido
AG
Might also try Lance at Brazil's County Bank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.