Company to Install brick walkway?

1,175 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agnerd
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We currently have a brick walk way made up of 16" square bricks. It has shifted and sunk in places. We are pulling up all the bricks next weekend. It's about 30 feet long.
We've asked 2 companies for bids to lay the walkway. One company came back with a very high bid and we never heard back from the other company.

Has anyone had a good experience with a company here in town to do this work?
AnchorFoundation
Gary Welsh
Welsh Construction
www.welchconstruction.net
aggiepaintrain
AG
Gary never got back to me on a $3k job guess that was small potatoes m

FJB
BlueMiles
AG
Same here.
agnerd
AG
If I were in the industry, I wouldn't bid this because you want a smooth brick walkway and you're pulling up the old ones yourself. If you want to do part of it yourself, that means I'm only doing part of the project, but still having to drive out there, send bills, maintain communication, etc. Bricks never stay smooth with an even surface very long because of the soils. To neutralize that you have to dig down to a good depth, test the soil and probably mix in lime, compact the soil, then start building up and compacting each time. Plus, large pavers are much more difficult to work with and level than more traditional brick pavers. Your "high bid" might be about right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.