$1,600 on top of a New A/C Systems in CS + Allergen & Germ Zapper

6,374 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BrazosDog02
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Again!

Spring is finally here & two things to know:

• 1. Allergies in the Brazos Valley are often terrible for some - See video below to Learn how we can to help Homeowners

• 2. We're basically laying $1,600 on "New & Efficient" A/C Systems in College Station to replace older r-22 systems, before the Attics heat up this Summer. ( literally- If you need any HVAC work, Before Summer is the time- before the attics get toasty)
  • We help homeowners get to 'New & Efficient' A/C Systems sooner & $1,600 helps accelerate the Savings.

Visit our Newer website for details & to see some cool videos of EcoZapp A/C Efficiency's Progress over the past ~28 months ( Thank You- to many of the TexAgs users for being so great btw- and we thank you for your business/support over the years)
---> https://ecozapphvac.com/

• We're a handful of Aggie Entrepreneurs who have been busy building a team & operations getting ready for Summer 2019 & 2020+, as the phasing out of R-22 systems starts to accelerate.
  • Enabling the entire process in which homeowners' go thru with hvac situations as "Fast, Clean & Efficient" as Possible- is what we've been working towards

Call us or hit our website soon for - Arctic Blast, New Air Ducts, Maintenance, HVAC Service, Cleaner Indoor Air, Info on Energy Rebates, Insulation, Replacement Systems, Financing options etc.. our team is at the Ready

Thanks & Gig'em

EcoZapp A/C Efficiency

[img][/img]

buddybee
Funny I keep hearing from various sources that the ban on R22 has been rescinded. Johnstone supply is telling me the same. I do know that 410 units are about to be ban also. Here is article from the Hill that has about the rescinding of R22 ban. I also know the price for R22 has come down and there is plenty on the market.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/407614-epa-to-abandon-restrictions-against-climate-change-linked-chemical
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
BTW

• Thanks for everyone who came out & Supported the 40th Annual Bryan/ College Station Home & Garden Expo!
  • Don't forget about the 41st B/CS Home & Garden Expo next year in Feb.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Supply houses make margins on Freon and have warehouses full of it- they would love to sell until they can't

- The thought of re-filling A/C systems with R-22 years longer feels -- dirty and is a gray area of "where to draw the line" already.

Every pound refilled is a pound into the ozone ( at super high margins, yes R-22 is actually getting Cheaper) - The Industry will keep selling it for a while...

Many systems that use R-22 are older than some our staff. R-410 is likely to be phased out in 2023 with New installs, and replaced by a refrigerant even less harmful to the Ozone- and...wait for it... It's... Flammable *

* few years away and a whole lot of changes coming to the HVAC industry. but R-22 is bad for the Ozone & everything is going to get better & more Efficient. ( Also more expensive year-by-year overall for those concerned)

JP76

"R-410 is likely to be phased out in 2023 with New installs, and replaced by a refrigerant even less harmful to the Ozone- and...wait for it... It's... Flammable * "

So why the scare tactic for those to convert from 22 to 410 ?

Sounds like one should just wait until 2023 for the next refrigerant
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
JP76 said:

"R-410 is likely to be phased out in 2023 with New installs, and replaced by a refrigerant even less harmful to the Ozone- and...wait for it... It's... Flammable * "

So why the scare tactic for those to convert from 22 to 410 ?

Sounds like one should just wait until 2023 for the next refrigerant
Hey JP76,

Not really a scare tactic, we've been making our factory tours for the year, and seems some big changes in the HVAC industry are coming over the next several years. It's one reason why EcoZapp A/C Efficiency has refocused our 'Home Services' over the past ~28 months to help tackle the huge demand brewing in Texas.

We're in the business of helping Homeowners & being educated is a tactic we try to apply in life.

R-22 is a commodity and is bad for the Ozone. The companies that will continue to sell it until forced to stop, do raise some business/ethics questions. Systems which drink R-22 yearly, are knowing releasing the 'gas' back into the atmosphere- those are mostly the inefficient systems which are past or nearing the end of their life cycle anyways. While many/most residential HVAC service/ repair companies enjoy the repeat work and margins for years to come off these old systems. We choose to replace with New & Efficient + Incentives.

Getting R-410 now could save you from having to deal with the building code changes for 10-15 years if/ how/ when they occur. Replacing now saves the homeowners money, and prices aren't going to go down year over year, only up.
powerbelly
AG
It is rich that a snake oil salesmen is questioning anyones ethics.
skeetboy3
AG
If all of the existing R22 will be sold; why would it matter for the environment if I used it or someone else used itsame amount gets usedunless they are manufacturing more, which your statement did not lead me to believe.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Did you put that thought together all by yourself ? Well thought out lol. "Snake oil " fun how some of think on here
ReelDeal
AG
R-22 was never found to be contributing to ozone depletion. The argument has always failed to demonstrate how CFC's could make it to the upper atmosphere when they are heavier than 80/20 (N/O2) air. It's real convincing, however, that the reason R-22 was designated for phasing out had a lot to do with Dow chemical's patent expiration on R-22. At that same time, coincidentally, Dow had conducted very "scientific" tests to determine their product (no longer patent protected) had been damaging the Ozone. But, Dow had a solution... They had developed a HFC freon to replace the dangerous CFC and were already producing the HFC replacement under patent protection. Maybe you recall the names- R-134A, 410A. I would imagine that the current switch of freons has more to do with niche marketing than protection of the climate. Just my .02.
91_Aggie
AG
Gonna be completely honest and objective here.

EcoZapp: You need to get out of your own way.

Your follow-up posts to all your threads when someone calls you out on something are so cringeworthy and unprofessional.

I know I'm going to be in the market for a new AC system soon (ours is 21 years old now), but everything you post and even your Facebook posts do the opposite of "Instill me with confidence" that your company actually are experts on HVAC work.

You talk about being entrepreneurs and have trucks standing by to replace R22 units.
But I don't see years and years of experience with HVAC work anywhere.
Your company seems to change what their focus is all the time... EcoZapp, started as pest control, then added HVAC work, then sells some "quick fix" solution that googling can't even find anything about and you never provide any details about and apparently it costs $500 to spend 30 minutes to add and certainly isn't using $500 worth of materials.

Nothing you do on these forums says to me "These guys really know what they are doing and will be around in 10 years to maintain any warranty"

i'm pretty good at giving benefit of the doubt, but man, you make it tough with your advertising and your immature responses here.

You can take that observation as you want.

The "quick fix" that others have called "snake oil" sounds exactly like what it is. I've seen your facebook posts where other people have tried to get better explanations of what the quick fix actually is and you never answer directly, and deflect around any details about it. or any warranty/money back guarantee/what happens if it destroys my A/C unit (because it really sounds like the answer to that last thing is going to be "Well your system was old anyways and this didn't break it... guess you need a new one now".

Others have said it before... you really need to stop "fighting" with people on the forums. Answer questions professionally, instead of getting defensive and answering as if you were a veteran of the General Board.

If you think you are winning people to your business with the style of your posts, then I guess you can continue as you are doing. But I don't think I've seen a single other poster on this board come to your defense saying what a great job and honest company EcoZapp is (at least not one with a Rookie symbol next to their name who never posts again).

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
That
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
1st Thanks for following us over years !

2nd if you have any doubt of our Intergreity or quality of service, please compare us to the other ten thousand HVAC companies and give us an honest feed back. Because our team works and trains everyday to not be like Most traditional contractors

3 rd Arctic blast helps ac systems run better, the fact that ppl still bring it up is kinda just good marketing to x degree ( can we agree on this lol )

4th this is a texags forum , if I'm polite nobody's may care. Feeding the trolls helps more ppl know about Ecozapp

5th give us a call at 833.924.6100 and maybe form your own opinion instead of relying on the trolls I try to feed
91_Aggie
AG
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

1st Thanks for following us over years !

2nd if you have any doubt of our Intergreity or quality of service, please compare us to the other ten thousand HVAC companies and give us an honest feed back. Because our team works and trains everyday to not be like Most traditional contractors

3 rd Arctic blast helps ac systems run better, the fact that ppl still bring it up is kinda just good marketing to x degree ( can we agree on this lol )

4th this is a texags forum , if I'm polite nobody's may care. Feeding the trolls helps more ppl know about Ecozapp

5th give us a call at 833.924.6100 and maybe form your own opinion instead of relying on the trolls I try to feed

1. Haven't been following for years... just last year on Facebook when you were giving away free systems. Just haven't unfollowed yet.

2. This says nothing at all. How does comparing you to 10,000 other companies say anything about your integrity. I need a long list of customers of yours that I can talk to. That'd be the only way. There are HVAC companies in town that have been doing HVAC for decades, not a few years like EcoZapp. If a new company starts in town, they better start WOWING people right away with their professionalism and integrity.
I've seen all style and no substance so far from EcoZapp.

And I certainly don't have time to compare you to 10,000 other companies. I'm going to limit my choices for spending my money to those companies that I see having the following qualities:
  • Honest and Upfront about pricing and services
  • Established and will be here for years to come
  • Good recommendations from people in this community... and from people I deem trustworthy.

3. Everything you say about arctic blast is subjective and you provide no details about exactly what it is or what it truly does. You just repeat the mantra of "It helps ac system run better".

You also seem to of the mind that "Any coverage is good coverage". That only works for actors and politicians. And you really like to brag about this "People keep bringing it up, so it must be good marketing". As a customer for a product that will cost about $10,000 or more, I could give a rat's ass about your marketing.

4. This is Texags, but not the General board. There have been other company's called to task on here before.
And the ones that respond like you respond in unprofessional ways DO NOT get the business of the people on here. There have been others who come on here and professionally handle any complaints or questions with honesty and sincerity and those get rave reviews and they make new customers.

5. Everyone that has asked questions or raised good questions about your products, have all been met your snarky, sarcastic answers, with what I guess is what you consider taking the high ground and "feeding the trolls".

Everything about EcoZapp... your website, your Facebook posts, and especially your communications on this forum screams "We are all flash and no substance". I want people that have years of experience in dealing with HVAC systems and can interact with potential customers in a professional manner.

Seriously. You are doing disservice to your company.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Funny thing is. You're stil the one getting ramped up over someone who isn't much older than your ac system on a message forum. ((. And If your name is Tanner, you may have given us a 1 star review this morning ( seems like a coincidence and google does show us where reviews come from , if that was you. Got on the higher horse there I see )).

You are assuming we try to look like a traditional HVAC company and operate like everyone of the other thousand HVAC companies in any area.

Truth is, if you take a look at us, our average age Is like half of most companies. We're a growth based companiy with different focuses and services for the homeowners we serve. Mainly reducing energy bills and replacing older systems is part of our core services.

Where a bunch of Aggie entrepreneurs who seemed to have figured out most details behind residential HVAC installs. to help make us fast , clean and efficient. In an industry a bit out dated... by decades... please proceed to tell your opinions and about how we're doing it all wrong
Oogway
All I know is this:
In the first photo, if you turn the fan on, all that money on display is going bye-bye. Seems apt.

TMoney2007
AG

You are assuming we try to look like a traditional HVAC company and operate like everyone of the other thousand HVAC companies in any area.
You mean we assume that you intend to conduct yourself in a professional matter when representing your company? Yes. We expect that.

You're not winning business this way. Trolling on the internet make you a company that I will never do business with and will warn anyone that will listen away from you.

Why can't you just post customer testimonials and answer the questions that people have about your products and services?
cslifer
The posts on here are amusing for sure, definitely not what I would call a solid marketing strategy...BUT...
On probably one of the coldest days this year our blower motor went out. We got an outrageous quote from one of the other "reputable" companies in town. I decided to give this guy a call just to see what happened.
The girl that answered the phone was polite and professional, had a tech out with an hour. He (Louis I think) gave us a much better price, and explained why it was cheaper. We ended up with the name brand part cheaper than the other guy wanted for aftermarket. New part was on in 30 minutes, he cleaned up and left. It was actually a very pleasant experience. The tech didn't try to sell me magic oil or get me to replace our rather old system.
My only complaint is that he DIDNT offer the magic oil, I was looking forward to the explanation. 10/10 would use again, because let's be honest, who cares what he says on the internet as long as he does good work at a good price?
buddybee
Have to disagree about being bad for the environment. There are two sides to every argument on the environment. I have read some research that show the ozone hole is closing and it depends on a number of factors such as sun spots etc. A major factor is the volcanic activity that takes place yet this is not mentioned in the greenie weenies research in their doom and gloom. Just like we only have 10-12 years left. R22 is the way to go until the industry gets it figured out. Why by a 410 unit when it is going the way out. R22 a lot better coolant. Homeowners should listen to Tom Tynan on his home improvement show and save their money, units should last at least 20-25 years and are better off if repaired properly. Too many salesman trying to make that commission and spreading the doom and gloom.
91_Aggie
AG

Funny thing is. You're stil the one getting ramped up over someone who isn't much older than your ac system on a message forum. ((. And If your name is Tanner, you may have given us a 1 star review this morning ( seems like a coincidence and google does show us where reviews come from , if that was you. Got on the higher horse there I see )).

Truth is, if you take a look at us, our average age Is like half of most companies. We're a growth based companiy with different focuses and services for the homeowners we serve. Mainly reducing energy bills and replacing older systems is part of our core services.

Where a bunch of Aggie entrepreneurs who seemed to have figured out most details behind residential HVAC installs. to help make us fast , clean and efficient. In an industry a bit out dated... by decades... please proceed to tell your opinions and about how we're doing it all wrong
I don't go and give fake reviews. I have no real fight with you. You seem to very immature... and if you really about 19 years old, It definitely shows with the maturity level you show on here.

I'm offering my observances of your posting style and responses and how you are alienating me (and apparently many others on this forum).

You can do with that what you want.

You can insult me for not understanding your "hip, new modern way of advertising and marketing" if you think that gets you more business.

And maybe you guys are just raking in money hand-over-fist with this strategy and I'm completely wrong.

But why purposefully alienate potential clients just to be what you consider "Cool on the internet forums and trolling like it is the general board?"

And you just throw out phrases and numbers that are meaningless.

You telling me your "average age is about half of other companies" is NOT a selling point. I don't want young idiots who don't have years of experience working on my A/C. Since A/C units last for 10 to 20 years, someone who just started selling them, researching them 2 years ago does not instill any confidence in me that you know what the heck you are doing.

Quote:

We're a growth based companiy with different focuses and services for the homeowners we serve. Mainly reducing energy bills and replacing older systems is part of our core services.

1 There is not a company in business that is NOT a growth-based company. that's what every company wants to do. So, there is nothing in this statement to distinguish you from anyone else.

2. "with different focuses and services".. only thing I've seen on this is the cold-air thing that no one can produce any data on how much it saves anyone... or how dependable it is.

3. "Mainly reducing energy bills and replacing older systems". Every HVAC in the company in the area (about a 1,000 of them in the area based on your statement... Man, 1000 HVAC companies in the B/CS area... that's one for every 300 people!)) business offerings include the service of selling and installing replacement systems. That is NOT different than the 1000 others.

Quote:

Where a bunch of Aggie entrepreneurs who seemed to have figured out most details behind residential HVAC installs.

1. Who cares that you call yourself an entrepreneur... everyone that starts their own business is an entrepreneur.
2. And what a ringing endorsement of yourself "you SEEMED to have FIGURED OUT MOST details". Sounds like a lot of trial and error went into that and yet it only seems like you figured most (NOT ALL) the details so far.

I was really trying to let you know how you are shooting yourself in the foot, but you just seem to want to double-down on trying to portray your company in the worst light possible.

good luck. But as of now, your company is at the bottom of that list of 1,000 HVAC companies in the area that I'm going to call when I need to replace my system.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
The irony on this side of the keyboard is, I know you're mostly wrong about most of your ideas about us, and secretly you're going to know i'm right about a few more topics above, shortly after you finish your buying cycle/ replacement process.

Don't underestimate someone just cuz you disagree about what you see/ how you found them on "Social Media", to some degree you took time out of your day to get offended about an HVAC company in growth/ getting attention mode
91_Aggie
AG

The irony on this side of the keyboard is, I know you're mostly wrong about most of your ideas about us, and secretly you're going to know i'm right about a few more topics above, shortly after you finish your buying cycle/ replacement process.

Don't underestimate someone just cuz you disagree about what you see/ how you found them on "Social Media", to some degree you took time out of your day to get offended about an HVAC company in growth/ getting attention mode

I know you are only 19 and still new to Texags. Ive been here since 2002. I use these boards to kill time. There has never been a moment when ive been offended or truly upset by anything posted on them

You dont offend me. You arent important enough to me to do that. I do enjoy pointing out when someone is being stupid on the internet (ask STAFF) and you are definitely providing me plenty of entertainment in this thread.

I am sure i will be able to find a good HVAC company out of the thousand or so in the area that will do quality work and have long-standing reputation of stsnding behind their service. I am 100% sure they will be better than a company whose motto is apparently "We seemed to have figured out most of the details of an HVAC installation"

You should copyright that before someone else jumps on it.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
buddybee said:

Homeowners should listen to Tom Tynan on his home improvement show and save their money, units should last at least 20-25 years and are better off if repaired properly. Too many salesman trying to make that commission and spreading the doom and gloom.
R-22 hasn't been used in new installs for a handful of years now. 410a is much less of an Ozone Depleting Gas than R-22.
HVAC systems are appliances, and every 2 weeks, when the yard crew mow, and grass clipping get blown into an A/C system, it looses a little bit more efficiency.

SEER ratings even 10 years ago were bad enough compared to what we have today. The major issue is the 300-500- a million! brazing joints in which the refringent inside the copper tubes start to leak from the enclosed system and after 15-20 years those joints leak more and more.

The HVAC industry is largely made of service oriented companies who make really high margins re-filling that R-22, which will leak again. Tom Tynan needs to have me on his show and discuss. ( idk who that is btw)

Regardless, there is another new refringent coming to replace 410a in 2023* which is less ozone depleting.

One fact about all this, is that older A/C systems are usually attached to old Air Ducts and when builders build houses, they are usually not too concerned with the results in the air duct designs/ quality 15 years after the fact. But air ducts do in fact carry the air you breath and that is part of the situation.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Well hey! we should get on TexAgs radio one week, we can discuss and entertain!

Without contribution from users like you, our view count would be crap.
rc_cat

Well hey! we should get on TexAgs radio one week, we can discuss and entertain!

Without contribution from users like you, our view count would be crap.

Then it would tie right in with the reputation your online actions are giving you and your almost-figured-out company.
buddybee
You can call Tom Tynan on 610 radio in Houston and Saturday and Sunday morning and he will be happy to talk and explain it all to you. He is very well versed on the subject and ran the HVAC section for Houston Community College and now develop the programs for others across the state. Also Jim Dutton with Texas Home improvement show is saying the same thing. FYI you can buy dry shipped units now with R22 I believe the brand is Guardian. Seer in not the end all in the ac business. You need to read up on where it was first develop by the department of energy in the fry Ariz. climate not the humid area of Texas. I hope you are tell everyone that the higher the Seer the more money you are paying for bells and whistles you don't need. The ozone debate can go on the best scientist in the business Dr. Joe *******i of Weather Bell Analytics strongly disagrees with you and I think he is a little more knowledgeable on the subject. By the way he attended and his dad taught at A&M.
JP76
Does the owner of ecozapp hold a current valid TX hvac license ?

You know like the license that the other 1000 BCS HVAC company owners that you trash talk on here actually hold from the hours and certification test that they passed ?

Stupe
S
Well said.

Professionalism goes a long way.

This guy is getting good, honest advice from the people that actually have the money to spend and instead of taking it like an adult, he resorts to name calling.

Unbelievable.
BrazosDog02
AG
Personally I don't always want an old man with "years" of experience. Old habits and stubbornness are hard to break. These guys go to school for HVAC. Its not like a college degree where you waste four years of classes and learn two semesters worth of useful stuff for you career. Everything tradesmen learn is for their trade. I want someone that can communicate a problem and explain to me why they make decisions. The younger guys tend to make decisions with science and calculations. Most of the older guys I deal with are rule of thumb or "I've been doing it forever". Those are not the ones I want sizing and installing my 16,000 dollar AC system. You better be talking to me about heat loads, static pressure, friction loss and sub cooling/superheating if you want my business, chief.

With systems like these, your installer IS the ac system. He can make or break a good system. I'm on site now with an hvac company that is currently busting ass to install a system in an old 1870's home. They have run all the numbers and are currently balancing "perfect install" with "the best they can do within the confines of the space and home build". It's lretty neat to watch pros that like their work do the job.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
The license holder is the operations manager for us.

Fun Fact about EcoZapp: We're going to advance alot of our staff to achieve these HVAC contractors licenses, which only the business owners primarily have ( many never took a test but were grandfathered in- btw).

We've now had ~6-7 former staff start businesses after working for us in the past. Difference between Entrepreneur vs. Business Owner to me, is partly defined as how many ppl spin off their own business after working for EcoZapp.

JP76- you know the ratio of- "Licensed and insured companies" installing a residential HVAC system Vs. 'Unlicensed and therefore uninsured' is crazy high. Supply houses sell to them all the same, and enough ppl decide their HVAC service based on lowest price to support the ratios. Just count how often you see Freon cans in a truck with no license number on the truck, you see while driving.
Fishing Fools
Mr Ecozap- Why is it so many people are having to change out their Evaporator Coil? Asking for many people!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
You citing things that encourage ppl to use an appliance for 20-25 years. An HVAC system falls in the same "species" as a toaster.

New & Efficient systems cause the homeowners energy bills to crash often and the whole Cleaner Air/ Air Duct thing is important.

Arguing for something that is ozone depleting I think is usually white/black without alot of grey. - The walls in our hvac office have a few of those type degrees.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
- Short answer, someone had probably 20-30 seconds to 'braze' all the copper fittings on your coil about 500 times a day, ten years ago, in a hot factory, while it's moving down an assembly line, making factory wages, with someone saying X thickness of copper.
Fishing Fools
Ha Ha wrong short answer!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
saltydog13
AG
Who did your install here in BCS?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.